Monday, December 7, 2015

I Love Sheet Masks! + A Cool Beauty Hack!

Hiya, guys!

I have a confession to make - aside from Sam Concepcion's recent impersonation of Mandy Moore, I'm also currently obsessed with sheet masks.

I have been seeing sheet masks ever since Korean beauty brands start to arrive in the country some years back. But I only started using these sheet masks last year when I bought my first sheet mask at Beauty Bar, from a brand called Dermal. I remember using the Snail sheet mask, and my skin feels wonderfully supple after that.


I have not been using sheet masks as regularly as I wanted to, but ever since I got myself into a skin care routine which involves an intense exfoliating ingredient, I have to make sure my skin won't dry out and peel that much after that. So I began to incorporate hydrating products into my skincare routine, starting with the iWhite Aqua Moisturizer Whitening Vita, and then this one.

So what kind of sheet mask am I using right now? Click 'Read More' to find out, plus I'll share a cool beauty hack with you guys!


I'm currently using the Tony Moly Pureness 100 sheet masks. I have on hand the hyaluronic acid and snail variants. But besides these variants, the Pureness 100 sheet mask also comes in propolis, collagen, caviar, pearl, shea butter, placenta and red ginseng extract variants.


The backside of the sheet mask pack
The soft sheet mask inside each sachet is made of 100% cotton, thus the 100% Cotton mark; and the sheet itself even has cotton seeds embedded within.


The hyaluronic acid variant contains hyaluronic acid, a substance known to restore moisture to dry, parched skin.


The snail variant, on the other hand, contains snail secretion filtrate (aka the slimy trail that snails leave behind when they crawl) which is used in traditional Korean skincare to prevent aging.

Unlike the Dermal sheet mask (see photo above), the Tony Moly sheet masks does not have eye flaps which means your eyes are not covered when you put this on. I actually like sheet masks with no eye flaps so that I could do other things while I have the sheet mask on.

And I found a really cool trick over the Internet when using sheet masks like these -- a blogger once said that she uses the excess liquid in the sheet masks on her neck and her arms. That gave me an idea.


What I did was I squeeze out a bit of the excess fluid in the sheet mask before I take it out of the pouch. That way, the mask is still drenched in the essence without being too drippy. Then I pour the remaining liquid in the pouch into a dropper bottle. I got this one from Beabi earlier this year, but I think this kind of bottle has been unavailable in Beabi for a long time now.

Now that I got the excess liquid on the bottle, I use this to apply on my face after washing my face and before moisturizer. It's kinda like the watery essence that's been the rage lately in the beauty scene but is much cheaper and cost efficient. Not to mention that I reap more benefits of the sheet mask for more than one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment