Friday, December 4, 2015

Maybelline Dream Academy x My Lucid Intervals (Plus Loot)

Hiya, guys!

Last August, I had a chance to meet one of my favorite local bloggers, Donnarence Masilungan of My Lucid Intervals. I may only be a recent follower of her blog, but I could so relate to her in many ways -- her passion for beauty, her law profession (she's a lawyer and she actually started her blog as a breather during her law school days), and her long-term with her then-boyfriend-now-fiance.


That opportunity came during the Maybelline Dream Academy workshop at SM Makati. While the event was walk-in, Ms. Donna announced in her blog that those who will pre-register for the event will have a chance to meet and greet her that day. So I did not pass up the chance and pre-registered for the event, stat!

Like the early bird that I am, I arrived at the venue earlier than the 4pm call time. I strolled around SM Makati for a while, and around 3:30pm I proceeded to the department store where the workshop will be held.

So what happens next? Click 'Read More' to find out.


I actually mustered the courage to approach Ms. Donna before the event and actually talk to her. I feel like talking to a long-lost friend after talking about the things that we had in common, most especially law school.


And then the workshop proper happened, with Ms. Donna and makeup artist Roxane Cabile-Montiero, and introduced Maybelline's newest line of base makeup -- the Dream Satin Skin, which promises a long-lasting airbrush finish. I actually swatched the liquid foundation variant at the Maybelline counter nearby after the workshop, and liked how it dries with the matte finish.


Before the workshop ended, loot bags were given to the first 10 people who pre-registered via Ms. Donna's blog. I was one of them, and so I got this little loot bag!

It contains a Baby Lips Electro Pop lip balm in Berry Bomb, a Color Show nail polish in Ladies' Night and a Color Show eyeliner in Silver.




I'm impressed with the quality of the nail polish in that the formulation is not too thick, not too thin. You get a good color payoff with just one layer -- in this case, a vibrant royal blue with shimmer.




The Baby Lips lip balm also feels soft to the lips without being too sticky. It also gives a wee tiny hint of purple color when applied in more than one layer. I think I may have found a good rival to my trusty Chap Stick!

Can you see the tint that the lip balm has left on my lips? 
As for the eyeliner, I have not taken pictures yet of either the swatches or when worn, but it glides smoothly onto the skin and the color payoff is good. I use it to line my lower waterline and to accent the inner corner of my eyes, and the silver color brightens up these areas.

Overall, I already love Maybelline but these products make me love the brand even more. I'm looking forward to trying more of their products, especially their Dream Satin Skin line, The Nudes palette and the Fashion Brow line.

No comments:

Post a Comment