Wednesday, December 16, 2015

OOTD: Black Beauty

Hiya, guys!

So last Monday I attended the Christmas party of our school, and as with last year, it's another opportunity to primp up and dress our best. Which is a yay for me because it's been a loooooooonnnnggggg time since I dressed up for an occasion. And I miss dressing up...

The entire law school community. Photo courtesy of SC President Dr. Cyril Consuelo
Problem is, I don't have anything to wear for the occasion. I mean, I wanted something nice and suited for the event but at the same time something that would not call for too much attention, if you know what I mean.

What did I wear for the Christmas party then? Click 'Read More' to find out.

Then I remembered this slinky black dress that I bought years back. I bought it from a friend who was selling some factory overruns, and this dress happens to be on her 'pile' of clothes for sale. The first time I fitted this dress on, I fell in love with it -- it's in my size, the fabric is structured but stretchy to accomodate my growing figure, it nips and tucks in all the right places, and I feel sexy in it. The best part? It only costs Php300! #steal

I tried it on again the day before the party, and IT. STILL. FITS. *cue Hallelujah tune*

Werk it gerl!
But hold on there! I had some issues -- the collar is too low (hello cleavage!), the sleeves are too short and my belly is showing a bit too much.

Good thing I found some fixes -- a black tank top to cover up my cleavage and a high-waist body shaper to hold my tummy in. As for the arms, I just let it be. I'm not exactly in the mood to cover up my arms that night.

Throw in some black pumps and my trusty silver watch...

The full body photo!
Result? An #OOTD that's near perfection!

So that's it for my OOTD post, I hope you enjoyed it. I'm planning to do a separate post on the makeup look that I did for this event, 'cause it's a special one -- I'll explain on that post why it's that. I can't decide what kind of post it will be, though -- if it will be an FOTD or a tutorial. Anyway, please watch out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment