Tuesday, December 15, 2015

[FIRST IMPRESSION] Kojie San Skin Lightening Soap

Hiya, guys!

Today I'm going to start a series to document my use of Kojie San Skin Lightening Soap.


From Kojie San:


Shown in the picture is the three-piece pack which costs P120, but I'm actually using a piece from a smaller three-piece pack which costs P72.50. Yes, we have a stock of Kojie San soap to last for quite some time.

Each soap inside the box (regardless of the size) is contained in a plastic wrapper like this.


The soap itself is orange in color, reminiscent of papaya soaps available in the market. It has this faint citrusy scent which sometimes borderline into something synthetic, or maybe that's just me. It's a bar soap, but it's not as brick-hard as ordinary bar soaps.

So what made me get into the kojic acid routine? Click 'Read More' to find out.

I've had issues with acne scars ever since I first had pimples back in college -- it seems like I'm the kind of person who would always be left with dark marks whenever I get pimples. Also, I've always been curious about kojic acid soaps ever since it first came out some years back, and so after some research (AKA reading articles and reviews), I decided to jump in and try it out.

I read in some reviews that this soap melts easily, and so it was adviced to cut up the soap into pieces so that the shelf life will be much longer. In my case, I just cut up the soap into two pieces and made sure to dry the soap with a dry towel or cloth after every use. Since I started using it exactly 11 days ago, the piece that I'm using has shrunk just a teeny bit. I believe this piece will last me one more week.

When using, I just wash my face as usual, lather up the soap and massage it onto my face for a few seconds. Then I leave it on for two or more minutes before rinsing it off.


I was already warned from the reviews that the soap will sting on your face, more so if your skin is sensitive. In my case, it does sting but only around my nose area. The rest of my face, not so much.

Finally, I was also warned from the reviews about the side effect of the soap's active ingredient -- kojic acid, which is a chemical exfoliant. I planned it beforehand by backing up my routine with lots of moisturization and sun protection.

So in my next post I will share to you the products that I use alongside the Kojie San Lightening Soap to counteract the side effects of kojic acid, so please watch out for that!

2 comments:

  1. This Kojic Acid & Glutathione Dual Whitening Bleaching Soap has help to brighten and smooth my skin a great deal. People always compliment me on my silky smooth skin. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post about Kojic soap for skin.

    ReplyDelete