Thursday, December 17, 2015

[KOJIC ACID SERIES] My Kojic Acid Skin Care Routine

Hiya, guys!

In my previous post I promised that I will be sharing to you the entire lineup of skin care products that I use alongside Kojie San Lightening Soap. So here it goes...

Day

Cleanse

Of course the first step of this routine is the star product -- the Kojie San Lightening Soap. Like I mentioned in the previous post, I usually wash my face, lather the soap into foam, massage it onto my face and leave it for two minutes or more. Then rinse.


Sheet Mask/Essence (sort-of)

I decided to skip toner this time because the toner that I currently have (Flawless Pimple Clear Astringent) is drying, and I don't want to dry up my skin further. Instead, I'd like to boost up the moisture on my face. So continue with my skin care routine with a sheet mask or a watery essence of sorts, using the excess liquid of whatever sheet mask I previously used -- in this case the Tony Moly Pureness 100 Hyaluronic Acid Mask Sheet.


After washing my face, i proceed with the sheet mask. After using the sheet mask, I transfer the excess liquid to a dropper bottle. The following day, I use the liquid in place of the sheet mask in the routine. Once the liquid is all used up, that's the time when I use another sheet mask. You know the drill.

The magic elixir! (hehe)
The rest of my daytime routine, the night routine and the occasional steps when you click 'Read More.'

Moisturizer

After the liquid from the sheet mask/essence has been absorbed by the skin, the moisturizer follows. I'm currently using the iWhite Korea Aqua Moisturizer Whitening Vita.


Sunblock

On days when I'll be going outside (ie. going to school, running errands), I use sunblock before heading out and/or putting on makeup. I use either the Belo Essentials SunExpert Face Sunblock SPF 40 or the Tony Moly UV Sunset Essence In Sun Balm.

However, I admit that I forget to apply sunblock whenever I head out of the house. A few days of sun exposure without protection, as I found out, will have bad effects on skin exfoliation. More on that in the next post.



Night

Basically the same routine as daytime, except for makeup removal before everything else and minus the sunblock.

Makeup Removal

On days when I wear makeup, I make sure I remove the makeup first before I even wash my face. First, I remove my eye makeup with Etude House Eye and Lip Remover. Then I remove the base makeup with Tony Moly Aquaporin Sherbet Cleanser.



Cleansing balms are a godsent -- it's like using a cleansing oil without the mess. I just scrape a small amount with a spatula, massage it all over my face and wipe off with a tissue or paper towel (I personally use paper towel because it does not tear apart easily unlike ordinary tissue). I do it twice or until the tissue or paper towel comes off clean.

This is what the inside of the tub looks like. I'm actually about to hit pan on this one. 

Occasionals

Exfoliation

You may think that just because I'm using a cleansing product with exfoliation properties I'll stop from there. Hell, no! Methinks that I still need to slough off the dead skin cells that the kojic acid chips off every day, so a gentle exfoliating product is needed.

I'm currently using the Nature Republic Cranberry Natural Fermentation Peeling Gel. I love that it lifts off the dead skin cells without scrubbing off my skin which is already sensitized with kojic acid. Plus it leaves my skin a bit smoother, even just for a while, and also ready for any product coming up like essence and moisturizer.


Spot Correction

On days when I have pimples, I treat them with Celeteque Acne Solutions Acne Spot Corrector Gel. With this spot treatment, pus-filled pimples (sorry for those who are eating ATM while reading this post) dries up in just a day. As for cystic pimples, it may take a while before it disappears but it does work -- just a bit of patience is needed.



So that's it for my kojic acid skin care routine. Methinks that it still lacks a few things like eye cream (I had one in my previous skin care routine, and I definitely need one right now) and maybe an extra moisturizing step -- a sleeping mask, perhaps?

Hope this post helps you out in building your own skin care routine, especially when you are using kojic acid like I do right now. Watch out for my next post as I will be showing how my current skin care routine fares out during the past week. See yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment