Saturday, December 19, 2015

Two More Ways To Use Face Primer

Hiya, guys!

Remember how I raved about the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser for quite some time now? (read here and here) Well I just discovered a few more uses for this baby, and believe me, it will knock your socks off.


Some heads up before I begin -- you may have encountered one of the 'uses' of primer somewhere (eherm, Internet, eherm!), and I have to admit I do found these new uses in there. I just tried it for the sake of trying it out, and to see if it does work. So this post will be all about new uses for Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser, or maybe any primer for that matter.

1. Eye Primer 

So the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser is a primer for the face, but can you use this as eye primer as well?

I tried to answer this question during the Christmas party in our school last Monday, when I tried to use the face primer as an eye primer. Because I forgot to pack my trusty NYX HD Eyeshadow with me, I panicked a bit because the eyeshadow look that I'm trying to achieve might get ruined because of my naturally greasy eyelids. So I resorted to applying a tiny bead of the primer on my ring finger, spread it to my other ring finger and smoothed onto my eyelids. And I proceeded with my eye makeup.

This is what my eyes looked like when the makeup was freshly applied...


And this is what it looked like after about seven hours.



Amazing! It did not budge nor crease, the color is still vibrant despite some tiny fading parts -- overall my eye makeup game is still on fleek.

Just a reminder, though: you might not get the same results as I did when you try this trick for yourself, and more so when you use another kind of face primer. See this article, which I found on the Internet the next day, for more info.

More uses of the face primer when you click 'Read More.'

2. Chafing Gel

There's this rumor that the cult favorite Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer has the same ingredients as the Monistat Chafing Gel, a product used overseas to prevent painful chafing in crotch area, between the thighs and other areas. There's also this comparison between the same primer, which is considered a high-end product, and the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser.

What's inside the green tube? 
So when I find it a hassle to put on cycling shorts underneath my slinky black dress for the same Christmas party and I don't have a stick deodorant on hand, I resorted to applying a small amount of the primer all over the insides of my thighs. I figured, if this primer has quite the same ingredients as the chafing gel, then this might function as the latter.


Off I went to the party, and after lots of dancing and walking I did not feel any chub rub at all. Even after walking our way towards the public transport terminal after the party, I did not have any thigh chafing.


These are just two of the instances where I used the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser, which just proves how silicone-based primers can do more than giving your face a smooth base for your makeup.

Have you used your face primer for things other than as a face base? Let me know on the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment