Friday, December 18, 2015

FOTD: The Moment I Saw You Cry

Hiya, guys!

It's been almost a week since Your Face Sounds Familiar declared its grand winner; and while my bet Sam Concepcion only placed third in the competition with his Justin Bieber impersonation, I'm still reeling from his Mandy Moore impersonation to this day.


And because I'm so inspired, I really wanted to copy Mandy's look from the music video of 'Cry' when an opportunity comes. I kept looking at her face in the video, took screenshots of it and even tried to find a tutorial over YouTube (but to no avail) until I finally got an idea of sorts on how I'm gonna do it.

That opportunity came last Monday during our school Christmas party.

Click 'Read More' to get the details of the look.

For the music video, Mandy sported a smokey eye look of sorts -- take note that this was the time when 'smokey eye' was not yet a term for this look. She used mostly black and varying shades of gray for her eyes, and then a nude color with a layer of gloss on her lips.

screengrabbed from YouTube
In my version, I took a shimmery gray eyeshadow and packed it until just above the crease. I was actually aiming for a lighter-colored shimmery gray by patting on a white shimmer over the gray and then blend it out; but the lightness did not turn out well, so I just let it be.


I then put the same white shimmer on the lower eye area using a flat brush, kinda like emphasizing the fat underneath the eyes or the aegyo-sal as the Koreans call it. Then I lined my eyes with a black pencil eyeliner, and smudged it with black eyeshadow

(Update: I found out just now that besides the black smudged liner, Mandy did not have anything else on her lower eyes -- not even highlights. But who cares, I'm doing my own spin on this look! Haha!)

For the lips, I just put my favorite nude lip liner all over my lips and left it just that. I would have put on gloss on top of it, but I don't have a decent lip gloss at the moment. Besides, with all the eating and drinking that night, the lip color might fade away quickly had I put gloss on it. Then I just did the usual thing on the rest of my face -- foundation, brows, and blush.

Take note that I did not do a dry run nor practiced how to do this look prior to doing it on the day of the party. Everything I did here was on the spot, including some of the mistakes like the setting powder being too dark for my skin tone upon applying but eventually blending into my skin tone afterwards.

And here are the list of products that I used for this look:

SanSan HD Foundation in Olive
BYS Loose Powder in Medium
FS Cosmetics Eye Pencil in Dark Brown
In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Powder
Natasha Beauty Colorbuild Eyeshadow Trio in Sultrysmoke
Natasha Beauty Eyeliner in Blackenigma
Etude House Oh! M'Eye Lash Slimcara Mascara
Natasha Beauty Secondskin Blush in Coralcruise
Ever Bilena Lip Pencil in Capuccino

How about you -- have you done a celebrity-inspired look for an occasion? Let's talk about it in the comments section below!

I'm thinking of doing a tutorial on this look, so please do watch out for that. Will you? Yes? Thankee!

No comments:

Post a Comment