Sunday, December 20, 2015

[KOJIC ACID SERIES] Days 2-17

Hiya, guys!

As I have blogged before, I started a skin care routine using kojic acid -- specifically the Kojie San Skin Lightening Soap. I'm on my 20th day in the routine, and I'm giving myself one to two months to see if it's effective in fading dark spots caused by acne.

I was not able to take a decent 'before' photo, so I'll just use the photo I took when I went to the last day of the bar exams two weeks ago, November 29. I started using Kojie San two days after this, December 1.



Day 2

Not so much difference as with the before photo. This day, as far as photos are concerned, will be the jump-off point for any improvement on my skin using the kojic acid skin care routine.

Day 2 - front view

Day 2 - left side

Day 2 - right side

Days 8 and 17 coming up when you click 'Read More'


Day 8

At this point, pimples are starting to erupt from my face. Not sure if this is because of the 'purging' coming from kojic acid, or due to bad habits such as not having a facial for so long (at this point I had not had my facial for three months already) or frequently touching my face, especially the cheek area. Anyway, my skin has lightened a bit and some of the older acne scars have faded out. However, the scars that I wish to eliminate is apparently still there.

Day 8 - front view

Day 8 - right side

Day 8 - left side

Day 17

Finally! A well-deserved facial!

I had my facial cleaning the day before this, which means I'm not allowed to wash my face until the following day. I had my face washed just a few minutes before taking these shots.

My face has brightened a bit more, and this is despite the 'tepid' light due to gloomy weather (FYI: I take most of my shots in the kitchen, where there's ample amounts of natural lighting from the window). It's also no longer studded with pore clogs, so it's not as bumpy as in Day 8. However, there were three pimples here that were not pricked off during the facial because they're cystic, and it's not recommended to prick them during the facial -- a pimple injection is more appropriate for this situation.

Day 17 - front view

As for the pimple marks, most of them has lightened out -- the facial probably helped. Conclusion: a facial is a must for my skin care routine.

Day 17 - right side

Day 17 - left side
So that's it for the improvements on my skin with the kojic acid routine. I still have a few days of December left and probably the entire January to see if this works or if other adverse effects come around, so please watch out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment