Thursday, November 19, 2015

[UPDATED] What's In My Kikay Kit -- Part 2

We're now at the second part of my 'What's in My Kikay Kit' post, as promised. I'm now featuring the lip and pencil products here, as well as my updated brush set. So let's begin..



FS Cosmetics Eye Pencil in Dark Brown

I actually use this as a brow pencil, when I want to fix my brows in an instant. It does not show much when swatched, but its hardness makes it ideal to lightly draw on my brows. A few light, hairlike strokes and a quick brush with a spoolie and I'm good to go!

Natasha Beauty GlamFix Eyeliner in Chocofix

To say that this eyeliner is a staple in my makeup bag is an understatement. And as you can see, I'm about to hit the end of the pencil. Maybe when I finally hit the end it's time for me to try another kind of brown pencil liner?

Ever Bilena Lip Pencil in Capuccino

The perfect matte browny nude lip color for just 100 pesos. Seriously guys, if you're looking for a matte lip color in a pinch (they come in five colors, by the way), look no further than the Ever Bilena stand at beauty stores and supermarkets -- I kid you not, you can now buy makeup in supermarkets!





Maybelline Colorshow Eye Liner in Silver

I got this one as a prize for being one of the first people who registered for the makeup workshop hosted by Donnarence Masilungan of My Lucid Intervals. (side story: I got to chat with her minutes before the workshop and she was sooooo nice!) I use this to line my lower water line, alternating with the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil.

Bobbie Cosmetics Eye Love It Ultra Fine Point Liquid Eyeliner

Brush pen products are the trend in makeup these days and I'm actually loving it. I mean, how can you not love the ease of applying, not to mention the convenience of actually carrying liquid products without worrying about spills. This liner is one of those. And would you believe that it only costs 190 pesos? #bargain

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere

Remember my ten-minute makeup look from last year? I'm still doing that, but I keep a few eye makeup items in my bag just in case I want to sport a different look. One of these items is this jumbo pencil, which I use as an eyeshadow or for highlighting the inner corner of my eyes or as liner for my lower waterline.

SanSan HD Concealer in Olive (the brush peeking from the NYX pencil)

The shade matches well with my current skin tone; and while it is full-coverage, it does not totally cover up my pimple marks which methinks are so dark that full-coverage concealers could not handle it anymore. But it does cover up my under-eye shadows perfectly. Because of this baby, I'm now brave (or lazy) enough to skip foundation just to make my face up.


ChapStix Lip Balm in Spearmint

I got so hooked on the Spearmint variant that I now buy my go-to ChapStix in Spearmint instead of the usual Strawberry. I feel like chewing on Judge chewing gum every time I swipe this on my lips.

Natasha Beauty Color Spalipstick in Cocohaven

The undisputed MLBB shade for me. End of conversation.

Natasha Beauty Color Spalipstick in Rubyrose

I've been using this red lipstick ever since I hit pan on my favorite In2It Moisture Intense Lipstick in Flame. It's a blue-based red in contrast to the orange-based red of In2It. I actually thought at first that it would look off when worn but it surprisingly worked on my skintone.

Natasha Beauty Lush Lips Lipstick in Goddess

It's a peachy-nude lipstick with a sheer finish that looks too pale on me when worn alone. But I love it when topped over other lip colors -- for instance, it tones down the mauve color of Cocohaven, so that it looks like my lips has lightened up a bit.


(Updated) Fanny Serrano Brush Set

I say updated because I have added and subtracted some items from this kit, mostly Marionnaud brushes. I have removed here the lip brush (because I rarely use it) and the spoolie (because I replaced it with a new one).



These are the newest additions in my kit -- the flat eye brush and the dual-ended angled brush and spoolie. I actually intended the flat brush to be a concealer brush, but eventually I use it to densely pack on eyeshadow onto my lids.




On the other hand, the dual-ended brush is my brow brush. I use the angled end to apply powder on my brows, while I use the spoolie end to blend everything together, be it brow powder, brow pencil or both.

So that's it for my What's in My Kikay Kit, now you know what I keep in it at the moment. Again, if you want me to review any of the items that I have mentioned, let me know by leaving a comment down the comment section. And please follow me on my social media sites -- just click on any of the squares under the 'Let's Get Social! Follow Me Here!' section at the right column of this page. Hope to see you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment