Sunday, September 5, 2010

From Pink to Navy

'This isn't a perfect world. You think I haven't been judged my whole life? You think it wasn't a good idea to make navy my new pink?'

In the Broadway version of Legally Blonde, Elle Woods asks this question to her buddy Emmett Forrest to convince him to tweak his looks a bit to at least 'look the part if he wants to get ahead.' Sure he may have the smarts, but 'casual Fridays are so not in Callahan's vocabulary.' The same way, she asks this question to tell him that sometimes, you have to let go of a little part of your old self to make way to a more 'situation-appropriate' you.

And not long after, I realized that Elle does have a point. Because at one point of my law school life, there are some things in my old self that is not befitting to my new world, and I don't have much choice but to give them up. But it was all worth it, because I'm starting to get the hang of it. While I didn't start out exactly the right way, there is always room for improvement in the coming days, and all you have to do is to make the most of it - study hard but make sure to take time for your own personal growth.

So is making navy my new pink is a good idea?

I thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment