Tuesday, March 11, 2014

How To Remove Lint From Your Clothes -- The Razor Method

Hiya, guys!

Ever had clothes that has so much lint (himulmol) that it looks old than it is?

I do. Lots of them.

Case in point: my polo shirts, which is some of my favorite pieces of clothing. It looks like a normal shirt, but once look closely, they have this nasty lint balls all over them. Because of this, the shirt looks older than they actually are. Kinda like stress-induced wrinkles on our skin, no?

Usually, they are removed using lint rollers -- those kind with sticky sheets wrapped around them to remove lint and fuzz on clothes. They usually cost around P200 a pop, but because I'm on a penny-pinching mode (how often do I have to repeat this fact on myself?), I thought, there must be a way to get rid of these fuzz without spending that much money.

So I scoured the Internet for more lint-removal ideas, and came across an idea that will make you go, 'Why haven't I thought of that?'

The only thing you need for this trick? A disposable shaving razor.

photo credit here
Yep, you read it right! Find out how to do the shaving razon trick when you click 'Read More.'


A lot of how-to websites and forums recommend using shaving razor to remove lint. And since Dad just bought himself a new shaving razor (which only costs less than P20 apiece), I decided to sneak it out of the bathroom sink and use it to 'shave' the lint out of the clothes.

For this tutorial, I used one of the shirts that I'm talking about -- an olive green one, which looked more drab than it actually was due to the fuzzy lint all over it.


The best way to do this trick is to scrape the razor into the clothes, pressing the blade into the fabric while going over it with short strokes. This way, even those hard-to-remove lints comes off into the blade while making sure that the clothes does not get damaged.

See the difference between the shaved and not-shaved parts?

Did you see that patch of no fuzz right here?
And here's where some of the lint went. Be sure to remove these lints every so often so as not to clog the razor!


But some of the lint just rolled out of the clothes along with the razor.


However, as you might have noticed in the photos, it did not removed the lint completely -- there were some smaller lint balls left behind but it's not something that would make the shirt look older than it is (I had this shirt for eight months now).

Quite frankly, going for this trick is tedious work -- it took me an hour just to finish the whole front part of this particular shirt, and I have not done th back part just yet. To top it all off, I still have lots of clothes to 'shave' and I can't use the razor again because Dad might look for it!

Still, it's an effective and cheap way to remove lint balls and make your clothes look like new again -- well, not totally new in my case, but somehow it shaved some time off my shirt. Which is not bad at all, if you ask me.

How do you guys take care of your clothes? Share your tips on the comments box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment