Thursday, December 9, 2010

Feeling Like a Kid Again...

Speaking of blast from the past, lemme ask you: When was the last time that you let yourself loose and feel like a kid?

Me? Just last Sunday, when my siblings and I tagged along at the field trip of my mother's school.

Although I'm just sitting in my place in the bus, I could hear the laughter and giggles of the students at the same bus. I know from there that they are very excited to go to the places that they're bound to go.

And I could vividly remember my own field trips from there.


I so love this kind of shot! Haha!

First stop: Gardenia Factory

I've been in this factory before, and back then, going inside the factory was an memory-inducing one. Why? Because when I (along with my classmates) step foot inside the factory, I could smell the baked bread, and it was so good that it lingered for as long as three days. And up until that time, I could still remember that scent.

I brought along that memory when I step foot once again to the factory.  I was quite disappointed because the tour tunnel is now highly insulated that I could not smell the bread anymore. Bummer.

But then I'm still amazed at how the technology has made breadmaking simpler and faster, and how it has enabled the company to make more breads to respond to the demands of the market.

Mah sistah Martina...


Whoops... Something's bulging from here...


Another bummer is that we are not allowed to take pictures during the factory tour. But the good thing
is that there is a 'studio set-up' outside the factory where we could take souvenir pics


Nakikita niyo ba yung Taal Volcano? Harang kasi yung mga damo eh! 


Second stop: Taal Vista

Again, I've been to this place. I could still remember riding at one of the horses in the place, and my crush was tagging along with me (sorry, dear!).

This time it was better. Because the wind was cold and strong it was almost like Baguio City.



That's me and mah sistah Martina...


Mah sistah and mah madah... :)


Careful with the horse poo, though. :P


Third stop: Mahogany Market

This market is famous for its Batangas beef (right, Ate Donna?). But I discovered that there are many more things that makes this market a must-go stop in Batangas

You could practically grow a garden with these flowers!


These are herbs and spices. There are even medicinal ones, too.


Can somebody tell me what this plant is called?



Fourth stop: Enchanted Kingdom

I gotta confess something: It was my very first time to go to Enchanted Kingdom. And that is fifteen years since it first opened in 1995.




Nakakahiyang aminin, pero nakarating lang ako ng EK kung kelan matanda na ako...

Pila ulit, pila...

Anyway, the downside here is that there are many people. As in there is a long line in most of the popular rides in this park. In my case, the line was long in both Wheel of Fate (carousel) and Jungle Log Jam. In fact, the line at the Jungle Log Jam was so long, we spent at least two hours in the line alone.

But when you get to ride the rides, I swear it was like nothing in this world. I get to see the whole park from up above the carousel. I get the feeling of my heart jumping off my chest when the 'log' is about to go down the 'river'. And of course, I got wet there.

Taken from a hundred meters up the ground.


There's the Space Shuttle! (taken from a hundred meters from the ground) Too bad it was closed for maintenance that time. :(

Me and the Jungle Log Jam...



Yeah, I practically felt like an elementary student during the whole trip. It was tiring, yes, but the memories that I'll be bringing for the rest of my life is priceless.




And the P500 ride-all-you-can ticket is so worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment