Monday, February 10, 2014

Benefit Agent Zero Shine Workshop with Nikki Tiu of Askmewhats

Last Saturday I attended the Benefit Agent Zero Shine beauty workshop. It required a reservation for a slot prior to the event, and knowing that it will a free afternoon for me that day, I decided to reserve for a slot.

But I found myself rushing through various errands the morning before, even though I had everything laid out the night before that. No big deal -- until I realized it was already 11:30 and I still have to commute my way to Shang!

*But then commuting is my way of life, so who am I kidding?*

While waiting for the workshop to start at the Benefit counter. See that girl in blue on the left side? That's Nikki!

Selfie time while waiting.. *dang, I forgot to apply hair serum after parting my hair!*

It was around 1:23PM when I arrived at Rustan's Shangri-la, and Nikki Tiu of Askmewhats is already there. Starstruck was an understatement -- I was pretty lost for words when I saw her at the Benefit counter.

*Because it's one of my favorite beauty bloggers in the flesh, yo!*

Nikki doing her magic on model Tasha while teaching tricks how to do the same on our own!
And she turns out to be one of the best beauty teachers around as she dishes out tips and tricks to achieve that 'date look' for Valentines' Day, like layering on products to create your own color, mixing some products to save time, the proper way to apply foundation (brush downwards, always!) and the trick to make eyes pop while using just one product (will gonna try applying eyeliner on my upper waterline though I'm scared that I might poke into my eyes while doing that).

A few minutes after the workshop has started, Nikki's hubby Keith and their son Kyle Nash made an appearance. Baby AMW is too cute for words! Too bad I wasn't able to take a photo of them.. *bummer*

Photo op with me and Nikki!
And it was so gracious of her to have a picture taken with her. Tasha was also gracious for holding the tablet to take this photo of me and Nikki (yes, I used my Note 8 to take all the photos in this post).

I really hope I could get myself into more events like this one, as I'm learning new things from people who are in the know; and for a budding makeup maven like me, that means a whole lot!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for attending Jesselle, it was great to meet you and super happy you saw Baby AMW and Mr. AMW kahit malayo! hahaha :D
    Thanks for the photo-op and I hope you learned a lot from me :D see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete