Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Christmas Wishlist

During the holidays, we all have a wishlist of sorts. It all starts with, 'Ang gusto ko sa Pasko...' and now we got this numbered list of everything we want for Christmas ('Baby all I want for Christmas is you..' Hehehe)

Now that I'm working (and earning some moolah), I am brave enough to have my own wishlist. So here it goes...



1. A new closet. Yeah, I know, what I'm wishing is enormous, but I really want this. You see, the cabinet in my room is almost the same age as our present house (that's 15 years). So you could just imagine the wear and tear that it has experienced, including the perilous hand of then-baby Martina. And since that cabinet cannot be repaired, I demand for replacement.



2. External HDD. I store a lot of stuff in my laptop that the HDD space is not enough for all of it. Not to mention the risk of speed reduction. And it helps having a backup for all of the files stored in a separate device.



3. Nokia C3. Don't get me wrong, though. I like my Nokia N70 at present. But this one seems much better at a cheaper price. Not to mention wi-fi capabilities and QWERTY keyboard reminiscent of PDA's and BlackBerry (which are both complicated to use).



4. A new set of corporate wardrobe. The law school has a dress code, which requires us to don corporate attires on weekdays. Problem is, I don't have much corporate attire. What I do most of the time is borrow (or sometimes harbor) my mom's slightly-used, fit-for-me outfits, though lately she has been buying me some corporate-looking outfits. But this time, I wanted to have something of my own. Perhaps a skirt attire would suffice.



5. Flats. I am more comfortable wearing flats than heels, because I prefer to walk whenever possible. And hey, it's a good exercise. (Though I take less walks lately for risks of getting late for school/work, arriving tired and occasional wearing of heels.) And because I walk often, I tend to wear my flats until its soles wear out. Given the dress code for school, I need a pair of flats decent enough to wear in dress code days, and comfortable enough to withstand long walks.


6. Digital camera. My digicam got lost during our vacation in Baguio, so when I got accepted for my job, I planned to replace that lost digicam. I even planned to spend my 13th month pay for that. Unfortunately, I have to pay my tuition fee before classes begin, lest I won't be enrolled, and I'm forced to use my 13th month pay. (By the way, what I received is just half of what I'm supposed to receive, because I came in the company in the middle of the year.) And besides, I have to satisfy the cam-whore in me, lest I would not become sane. (Just kidding!)



7. Lap desk. I need a flat surface to write on or to put my notebook computer on, but since my room space would not permit a study table, a lap desk would suffice enough. 




8. Fountain pen. I've always wanted a fountain pen since I was in college. I just can't understand why can't get myself to buy one. Bummer.



There, I've laid down my wishlist. Those who would grant one of these, thanks. Those who would not, thanks also. That just means I have to save more to buy these.

No comments:

Post a Comment