Thursday, December 9, 2010

Who Likes Planners?

I love planners. 

I developed the love for planners when I was in college, when numerous activities in the later college years would lead me to great stress. It allows me to manage all of my to-dos and from there, I get to know my free days and times. Not to mention all of those spaces for spontaneous writing.

I have to admit though, on some days, I don't get to follow what I've written on my planner. Hehe.

It all started when I got myself a denim planner for Christmas during my second year in college.

This one has no spring, because the metal spring got damaged, so I have to sew it back again.

When I was in third year, I got myself a BlogBerry planner. The great thing about this planner is that it starts in June and ends in May the following year. Just right for college students like me. Sorry for the 'sewn' notebook right here. The metal spring was damaged, and I have to fix it by sewing it back. Just like what I do in my notebooks back in high school, only then I intentionally remove the metal springs.

I got myself another BlogBerry the following year. Among all my planners, this is the most memorable one, because of many reasons. First, this planner was in my bag when I got stranded on the road during the onslaught of 'Ondoy.' Back then, I have to walk through knee-length flood from Hasmin Bldg. to LRT Legarda station. My bag got wet, as well as my stuff inside, including this one. Second, this served as my diary of sorts during the hardest moments of my college life. My thoughts were written alongside my to-dos and things to accomplish.




A week after I got accepted at my second OJT, I got myself a Belle de Jour (BDJ) planner. I was able to set aside a certain amount from my savings during my OJT, so I decided to get this one. This one's also memorable, because this is with me during my landmark moments in my life - OJT's, hard times, graduation, my first job, entering law school and my second boyfriend. I wasn't able to use the coupons here, though.




Last October, I attended the BDJ fair and purchased the latest planner for a lesser price. I was fascinated with this one, because it's just like my notebook back in third year college. And because it's sleeker in size, it's easier to fit inside my bag, which could sometimes get overstuffed because of my netbook computer and heavy law books.




Last week, I saw my classmate's 'Relaks, Puso Lang 'Yan, Malayo sa Bituka' planner. It was a spoof of numerous planners (including BDJ, I observed), and it was filled with outrageously funny passages and fill-in-the-blanks. I was especially fascinated by the monthly covers, which are illustrations from different movie posters. My boyfriend was especially fascinated by the illustration that looks like it's from the movie 'Brokeback Mountain.'

'One More Chance' - Bea and John Lloyd in their 'kili-kili shot.' :D


'Parang magkalaro lang na nagtampuhan...'  - Don my boyfie. Nga naman, tapos magbabati rin diyan ano? Haha!


'You changed my life in a moment..." :D


With planners like these, whoever says time management is hard is totally stupid. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment