Saturday, July 16, 2011

One Month Later...

I know, I know... It's been a month and three days since my last blog post. I'm pretty sure you know my reason for this: work, studies, studies, studies. As usual. But not entirely the case for this month, after all 'all work (and studies) and no play makes Jesselle a dull girl.' Right?

Where do I start?

1. I'm already one year old in my workplace. Which means getting my 13th month pay in full (bibili na talaga ako ng digicam!), lesser reductions in tardiness and leave of absences (though that's not an excuse to do so), and the feeling of being a little bit senior from the rest of the people in the office. In a world where people come and go faster than you can say 'welcome aboard,' it feels good to know that you have lasted that long in the place.

2. One and a half month has passed since my first day in second year law school. Though not entirely second year because I'm still taking up three subjects from my first year (which I left out before due to time constraints). Yet as I entered my first class this morning, I felt slightly different amidst my classmates who are in their freshman year. It's like being an ate stuck inside a room filled with babies. But on a serious note, I was thinking to myself how time swiftly passed by: the time when I was not in my best spirits during the first day in school, the time that I was trying to figure out how to catch up my classmates who has a law background, the time I was asking all those questions about law, the time that I ride the train home with that boy with a rounded face...

3. Boyfie and I are just a month shy of celebrating our first anniversary. Kahit ako, hindi ako makapaniwalang aabot kami ng isang taon. I mean, these days, most of the relationships that I come across only last for a few months. And really, how many couples do you know (excluding married ones) who have actually lasted for more than a year? Mabibilang mo lang sa kamay, 'di ba? And in our case, we see each other almost every day (though this sem, we only see each other four days a week), so most of my friends would think that we'd grow tired of each other. But that's not the case for us. Ewan ko ba, basta hindi kami nagkakasawaan, kahit na konti na lang magkapalit kami ng mukha. Enough of the explanations -- all I know is that I'm happy to still be with him after all this time.

4. Actually, for the past few days, I've been going through a trial (not court trial, ha?) that seems to me to be the toughest that I've been for the past 23 years of my life. This is one of the few times where I know who my true friends are, those kinds who would not leave me hanging on the edge.

So there I am one month after my last entry. I might do this thingy less often due to my busyness. In other words, sinamantala ko ang pagkakataon. Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment