Saturday, August 13, 2011

Memory Wise....



As I'm typing this blog entry, I just got home from school. Just got home from midterm exams in two different subjects. And I have to say: not only does it drain one's brain, but as well as one's hands. I tell you, right after the last exams, the kalyo in my right middle finger that I had when I was in college grew out again.

But I gotta be honest -- I don't have the photographic memory that is said to be the greatest tool in surviving law school, and eventually, bar exams. But there's something about my memory capacity that's really weird, and I found this out as I went on in law school. And I say memory, because analyzing skills is, for me, another thing altogether.

I have this tendency to, well, memorize and remember essential items and a few details just in time for the exams. After the exams, I felt like I forget all of them, kinda like throwing something out of the window after using it. But then, after many days or months, whenever the topic of discussion goes to something that I have taken up in the past, I could relate to them every single detail that I could remember about that. Just give me a few keywords to help me remember it.

Hmmm... It seems to me like my brain is a big fermentation vat or a wine cellar -- everything stocked inside must be well-fermented before it could be used. Otherwise, the turnout would not be like that of the desired result. But when it is ready to use, just a few dusting and filtering and it is ready to use.

You think this kind of memory would serve me well in the future exams, or even better, in the bar exams? I gotta see in the next few days. But for the meantime, I need to pass the midterms so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment