Monday, October 22, 2012

The (Anti-)Solo Traveler Diaries (Visayas Edition): The Sun Sets and The Night Falls...


After catching some sleep, it's time for some more explorin,' some gettin' wet, and some drinkin'.

We went out of the lodge late in the afternoon, and the sun was turning orange. It meant only one thing: sunset.

Such a beautiful sunset...

Postcard worthy...

At the same time, we tried out the banana boat ride. Since the entire team are scaredy-cats (me included, but not as much as they are), we requested for 'walang hulog,' meaning we will not be toppled down from the boat throughout the ride.

All of us before...

And after the ride...

Of course, we were wet (once again) after the ride, so we changed clothes and went out wandering the island strip once again. When we got out, the night sky was starless, and the only light shining from above was from a quarter moon.



And the night was a perfect time for another round of cam-whoring. This time, in front of a certain hotel.

Smile, Mom!

'Sensya naman, mahangin eh... :)

Unlike last night, we stopped at one of the beachside bars at Station 1 (can't remember the name, sorry) for some drinks. We had a minor in tow, so he was sent out of the bar and into one of the nearby henna tattoo stalls to get a (small) henna.

Everybody had their drinks -- alcoholics, that is. Except for me. It's because I've never had any alcoholic drink in my entire life (not until I get to Iloilo, and more on that on later posts). And even after much budging from my mom's friends, I still settled to a certain mocktail named Shirley Temple.

Smiling while trying to keep our hair away from our faces...

Mom: Peace, y'all...

And after a few hours of chatting and drinking, we went back to our lodge at Station 2. Because we have to leave the next morning. But I bet if my companions on that trip are about my age, we would blow out all our pocket money in our bar bill and drink like it's the last night of the world. And I wouldn't still drink anything that spells 'alcohol' all over it. But who knows? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment