Monday, November 16, 2015

Para Kanino Ka Bumabangon? (Who Do You Wake Up For?)

They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing. Photo credit here.
I've had a fair share of mistakes and accomplishments throughout my life, some of which defined who I am and what I believe in right now. But have you ever had that feeling that the mistakes outweigh the accomplishments, so much that it's like you have not done anything right? And the hurt overshadows the happiness, that it sucks all the light remaining from you?

Then it spirals wildly downward, and so fast you lost track of where you are. You no longer remember what are you doing there, and why you're doing it. Next thing you knew, everything seems like a chore, you lose appetite to anything and everything you like doing, and you begin wishing that you don't have to wake up just so you live your dreams every single day.


Long story short, to say that I'm going through something is an understatement.

The words I just said are never enough to express exactly how I feel, more so to explain what happened in relation to that. But one thing's for sure, though -- I've now come to the point where I no longer want to feel this way for too long. Let's just say I remember now my goals -- to put it in another way, I now have the answer to the question asked in a coffee commercial, "Para kanino ka bumabangon?" (Who do you wake up for?)

Photo credit here
Actually, that question does not specifically ask for a person who becomes your reason for waking up every morning. Rather, the question asks for the reason why you wake up every morning. When you think about it, the question also impliedly asks for your goals in life because it's the reason (or one of the reasons) why you get up every morning despite the hard day and/or night before.

As for me, I now re-realized (is that even a word?) why I wake up every morning -- because I have goals in life, be it for myself and for other people. And one day is never enough to achieve them. For that, I believe that I'm one step ahead of overcoming whatever roadblocks I have right now. It's far from over, that I'm sure of; but at the very least I got myself started.

No comments:

Post a Comment