Wednesday, November 18, 2015

[UPDATED] What's In My Kikay Kit -- Part 1

Hiya, guys!

Finally blogging again after many months of busy-ness and a brief slump (see previous post). I kinda miss blogging about all things kikay so might as well bring it back, not just for you guys, but for me as well.

I was going through my blog posts and I found that it was almost three years since my last 'what's in my kikay kit' post. (see post one, post two and post three) A lot of things inside my bag essentials has changed since then, so why not make a post (or two? haha) about it?



First of all, I got myself another bag organizer a few years ago. Unlike the pink one from three years ago, this one is blue with yellow zippers and the construction of this one is much softer. As with my previous organizer, it not only houses my kikay essentials but also other items like card organizer, medicine kit, a mini fan and some other stuff.

Okay, without further adieu, let's go through the kikay things in my kikay kit:

BTW: This will be a pretty long post so like my previous 'what's in my kikay kit' post, I'll be doing this in installments. Also, I've done reviews on some of the items listed here, and I've provided the links here on this post. If you want me to do a full-on review on the items here that were not previously reviewed, let me know by leaving a comment at the comments section.



So here are all the makeup contents of my kikay kit. It's not that much like the previous one, as I have learned to downsize my makeup to just the basics with the addition of some items that will change up my look when I need it. Let's start with the products in compacts...

Maybelline Clear Smooth All-in-One Shine Free Cake Powder in 05 Sand Beige

On days when I don't feel like putting on foundation, I just use this powder as my base makeup, after putting on primer and concealer.


Tony Moly UV Sunset Essence In Sun Balm

What I LOVE about this sunblock is its balm formulation -- it goes on like a solid primer which you apply with a sponge puff. That makes reapplying sunblock easier as you can apply it ON TOP of makeup without ruining the whole thing. Sadly, it's currently phased out of Tony Moly stores locally and I can't find a replacement for it just yet. Should find one soon as I had almost hit pan of this product, as you can see.

In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Powder

I once wrote that I'm wondering how this will fare on me. Well from the looks of this palette right now I'm LOVING it! Especially the light brown shade which I almost hit pan of. Bonus: it has also served as matte eyeshadow in a pinch! And I also encountered a blogger who used the light shade for nose contouring -- I have yet to try that, and contouring in general as well.

Natasha Beauty SecondSkin Blush in CoralCruise

You've seen this in my previous kikay kit. This is actually my second blush, and I'm also about to hit pan on this. That's how much I love this blush.

And now for the mascara..


Etude House Oh! M'Eye Lash Slimcara Mascara

I have sparse lashes, and the problem with most of the mascaras that I have tried is that they tend to clump my lashes together, creating those unsightly spiky lashes. Not this mascara. I like that the slim-ness of the wand makes it possible to separately coat each lash hair so that it creates definition to my lashes without clumping.

FS Cosmetics Lash Curler (not in photo)

What's mascara without its partner, the lash curler, right? Unless you're already blessed with curled lashes, that is.


You may remember this from my review more than a year ago, and guess what? I still have it on my bag. Really, a little goes a long way -- just a few dots all over my face and I'm good to go. 

So that's it for the first part of my What's in My Kikay Kit posts. Next up will be the pencil and tube products, so watch out for that. If you want me to review any of the items listed here, do let me know by leaving a comment on the comments section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment