Sunday, October 17, 2010

Do You Believe in Love?

In Legally Blonde: The Musical, the Harvard professor asks Elle Woods why she should be admitted in Harvard, even after a "very flashy presentation" because the former could "still don't see one reason to admit you (Elle)."

Here is what Elle sang to him:


How about love?
Have you ever been in love?
Cause if you have, you'll know
That love never accepts a defeat
No challenge it can't meet
No place it cannot go


Don't say no to a woman in love
Don't laugh when I say love
Don't think that I'm naive
Because even a person who's smart
Can listen to their heart
Can listen and believe
So believe in what love can achieve


Do you believe? (I do!)
Do you believe? (Me too!)
Yes, we believe in love!
How 'bout you?

And so I say the last two lines once again:

"I believe in love. How 'bout you?'


PS: By the way, that speech made Elle score a ticket to Harvard!

No comments:

Post a Comment