Tuesday, October 25, 2011

There's Something about VW Beetle...



The past few days, I've been seeing all kinds of VW Beetles either on my way to the office or on my way home from office. Whether it's the vintage version (above) or the modern version. And somehow, I'm attracted to this kind of car. So much that sometimes, I feel like the car is singing to me through its horn a la MYMP: "Come on and get me, get me, get me; Baby I'm yours, come on and get me..."

I'm not exactly a car lover, but I do know a good car when I see one. But whenever I see a VW Beetle along the streets, I know it's not a really good car. On vintage ones, Beetles can be quite noisy, and can be slow-moving. But I know, given good restoration and proper modern parts, it can give the sedans of today a run for its money.

I'm a little bit bias on vintage Beetles, because I've seen modern versions of the Beetle along the streets. Yes, it's sleeker and maybe it can like a modern sedan. But for me, it lacks the appeal that the vintage Beetles have.

This morning, on my way home and as I pass by Sct. Albano St., I saw not one, but two vintage Beetles parked on the side. And then it hit me.

I wanted to have a Beetle someday. As in I wanted to own one for myself. Maybe a few tweaks to make it run better or something, but I want to have a vintage Beetle.

Maybe the vintage Beetle is my dream car, after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment