Friday, August 19, 2011

For My Very Own "KKK..." (a photo essay-slash-letter, whatever you wanna call it)


Some time ago, I was just a girl who tries to run far away from the world, with tears in her eyes, broken pieces of her heart and a burning desire to achieve something better...



Until I came to this place called law school. It was a new place, far from the world I used to know, with people many of which I barely knew.


I see them reading many books. And though I read for pleasure, I find it strange to see people reading many books at one time...


Until I found myself doing the same. Before I knew it, I enjoy reading many books...



Found new friends and rebuild my broken heart in the process...



Until you caught my attention...



Since then, we began spending time with each other




Do readings and assignments together, and became close to each other...



No, actually, we became too close for comfort. We could laugh at each other's jokes, share each other's opinions without feeling offended, tell our frustrations to each other... 



And when I held on to you, it feels so right...



But then I felt the fear... Fear that I might commit the same mistakes that I've done before, and that I might suffer the same fate... I was thinking of running away again...



Until you showed up with flowers by your side...



Gave it to me...



And held my hand.



As I looked into your eyes, the next thing I knew...













I've realized that all this was real.













That maybe Harry Burns was right:  "(W)hen you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. "














It's been well a year, and we've been through a lot of changes and adjustments. But I don't mind. Because I know that despite all the questions in my mind and fears in my heart, I was right this time in following my heart. Somehow, everything fell into its place in their own way, but almost all in our favor. Or maybe we just make-did with whatever we have. Oh well, it doesn't matter. All I know is that "you're the best thing that's ever been mine."






Cheers to you, my Kaklase, Kaibigan, Kasintahan...