Friday, December 16, 2011

[REVIEW] Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Primer Stick: My New Makeup Buddy...

It's the Christmas season, and for many girls, it's the season of primping and dolling up for all the Christmas parties they have to attend. As for me, it's the season for testing out some new makeup tricks, and meeting my new makeup buddy.

Here she is, the Goodbye Pore Ever Primer Stick...

I have oily skin and large pores, which makes my makeup melt after a few hours, or even a few minutes of heat and sweat. And I have a problem with that, especially with the Christmas party that I have to attend where my teammates at our office will have a performance. I have to look good the whole night, and I don't want my makeup to melt by the time we were about to perform (pressure ba? hahaha!)

The only solution that I know for my problem is to apply primer after a moisturizer and before any makeup, even foundation. But as I'm looking for a perfect primer -- no, all of the primers that I found are perfect, it's just that... they're too expensive for my budget.

Then I went to my favorite beauty store, Etude House (my favorite ever since Dr. Oil Solution BB Lotion) and chanced upon Goodbye Pore Ever Primer Stick. Before that, I also chanced upon Dr. Oil Solution Dual Primer, and considering to buy the same. However, I found out that the 'primer' part (the solid stuff at the cover of the bottle) was not enough to cover my whole face. It was actually a moisturizer to pat out the shine, and the primer was only for the T-zone. And I'm shiny all over. So I settled for the Goodbye Pore Ever.

The good thing about this primer is that it is in a stick form, so no over-application whatsoever. And although it was designed to be put onto the oily areas just like the primer in Dr. Oil, I nevertheless applied it all over my face, especially my nose (the oiliest part) and the eyes (so that my eye makeup won't melt down.). I tried it out for the said Christmas party, and then tried out the smokey eye look (my first time to do it on my own, by the way.)

And guess what? It did not fail me.

This is what I usually look like without powder: shiny all over

This is what I looked like after applying makeup (with Goodbye Pore Ever, of course). Taken before the party program began
Taken after the shindig. Less shiny, if not shine-free, and my eye makeup still intact


And for the exemplary performance, I declare Goodbye Pore Ever Primer Stick my New Makeup Buddy...



No comments:

Post a Comment