Friday, September 21, 2012

A Letter to the Greatest Heartbreaker


I have not met you face to face, but I know how you hurt people. You take away the most important things from them in such a short notice, or even without one. You destroy friendships, you break families, you cut the ties of almost every person you come across. Most importantly, you make them question their faith in whomever they believe in.

But my biggest wonder about you is how some people anticipate your arrival. Some even do great lengths for you to come to them, even after despising you after taking away something from them.

I don't mean to question your existence -- you are a hard pill to swallow at one point of our lives. No one escapes, even me; so I won't dare to contest that. But if that's the case, why do you come off as 'the greatest heartbreaker ever?' Why do you go on bringing tears to one's eyes? Why do you go on taking away the most treasured things from them?

I could go on listing down all questions for you to answer, even though I know you won't respond to them, like, ever. Because you have your reasons that we will never understand until later on, or maybe not at all. Probably because you know we'll get by even though we thought we could not recover.

I'm writing this to you because of one person that means so much to me. You see, this person was like a hidden treasure that I found just when I, like, lost all of my fortunes. He took care of me more than the way I wanted him to. And I took care of him more than the way he wanted me to.

But because of you, he lost that one thing that he value the most, other than me. He was so devastated, and over time, I found my treasure slowly tarnishing, losing his luster. Then one day, he asked me what you look like, what do you do, what will happen if he meets you.

And I was like, no, you're too young to meet you. Besides, you will come at the right time and just have to wait. But he could not. He said things will only get better if he meets you and comes along with you, and maybe stay with you for good.

For this reason, I only have one wish: please don't listen to him. Don't come to him just yet. It's selfish for me to say this, but please give me more time to be with him. I want to show him how much he means to me. I want him to be ready when you meet him; and by that I mean he have lived his life without any pretenses, regrets and ill-feelings, and that he has experienced how it was like to be loved in return.

Lovingly pleading,
Jessa

No comments:

Post a Comment