Saturday, October 13, 2012

Study Time... (And An Important Announcement)

Sorry for the uber-late post. As much as I promised myself to post in the blog more often, I can't bring myself to do so this time because... well, it's finals season.

This is how I study... Well, sort of...

It's a common fact that, unless you're taking up a 'petiks' course, finals season must be taken seriously. Law school is no exception. It's that one exam that can make or break your grade, and in my case, your fate in continuing law school. That is why, once again, I am making some adjustments with my work schedule (i.e. filing leaves) just to accommodate some more time for my studies.

The exams are so complicated, I have to ask for my cat's help!

I think the finals season is the gauge of how well you have studied and learned during the past second half of the semester (and in some cases, during the entire semester). Think about this: if you have learned so much about the subject (read: listened to lectures, studied the assignments, etc), by the time you review for your final exams, you only need to refresh yourself with a reviewer. Otherwise, you have to get back at poring over your books to catch up with the lessons you have missed out. Which, in my opinion, is a harder (and more dangerous) route to take in studying for the exams. So, at some point, some people are right in saying that 'what you really need during the exams is your stocked knowledge.'

So what's the point of reviewing for the exams when all you need is stocked knowledge, you might ask. Well, reviews are supposed to be 'refreshers,' a look-back at what you have learned in the past, a peek of what you may miss out (considering that some exams point out to details that you might bypass during your lessons). But no matter how much reviewer you might take, if you do not make the effort of at least absorbing all of your readings and lectures, all of your latter efforts will go to waste.

=======================

And for the important announcement: Starting next week (or whenever the final exams may finish), I'll begin my Travel Series: a series of blog posts about the travels that I have taken for the past years. It's part archiving, part looking back, part showing-off (wew!) of the good places that I've been. So hope you guys still continue following my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment