Thursday, October 18, 2012

The (Anti-)Solo Traveler Diaries (An Introduction)

Yes, that's me on the plane window, but can you guess where I'm heading to?

I think each and everyone of us have a dream destination or dream destinations -- something that is worth including in our bucket lists. I also think that this dream destination (and the reason why we want to visit that) reveals a bit about us. And lately, I figured out that through travel, we learn things about ourselves, the people around us, and the world that we live in.

The reason why I entitled my travel series as such can be said in four words: I haven't traveled solo. And by that I mean traveling without any family member tagging along. This also means traveling beyond the Mega Manila area, meaning places like Rizal and Cavite are included. Also, this does not include the field trips that I had during my elementary and high school days because unless you're kinder till around Grade Two, field trips means just you, your teacher and classmates going somewhere far from school.

So for the succeeding posts, the topic will be all about travel to different places in the country (no international destinations yet, as I have not traveled beyond that level, but more on that later on). And for my first post, we'll somewhere in Visayas that I have visited four years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment