Friday, February 7, 2014

[REVIEW] Etude House Precious Minerals BB Cream Bright Fit

Hello everyone!

As you have read on my previous post, I just marked my official return on the blogosphere, as well as a few of the reasons why I was absent for quite some time. And now that I'm back, let's start with a few of the overdue posts -- those that I'm planning to write here in this blog, but was not able to do so because of so many things that caused my absence.

And we begin with a makeup post. It's been quite a while since I made one, and how I miss it...

So in here we have the Etude House Precious Minerals BB Cream Bright Fit in W15 - Sand Beige.


From Etude House:

"BB Cream formulated with Pearl Powder with an improved adhesive texture to promote moist, radiant looking skin while protecting against UV damage and wrinkles."

Backside of the bottle. I like the "Brightening: OK! Darkening: Zero!" in here.

A little FYI first: I had this with me since September last year, and I took these photos upon unboxing it. So this review will be based on many months of using this product.

This was not the first time that I used a BB cream from Etude House, or any other product from the Korean brand for that matter. I've previously used their Goodbye Pore Ever Primer Stick, and as I've mentioned in my review, I have already used their Dr. Oil Solution BB Lotion.


Like most BB creams, this baby is in a liquid formula which comes in a tube packaging with a pump. While you may not see what's inside the tube as it is opaque, you can 'feel' how much product is left as it becomes skinnier with time. Kinda like toothpaste, but with pump for easier product control.

straight from the pump...

spread out a bit...

blended well...
Consistency is a bit like moisturizer -- thick but not like Dairy Queen ice cream in that it does run a bit when turned upside down. As you can see in the swatches here, it appears opaque as it comes out of the pump and when spread out a bit. But when spread out further, it thins out to a sheer to medium coverage.

Etude House Precious Minerals BB Cream Bright Fit comes in four shades, Sand Beige being the darkest. And it does look dark against my skin, under natural light, when taken from the pump, but then it produces a white cast when spread a bit. Once blended out, it blended to my skin tone but with a bit of white cast still present due to the SPF content of the product.

from pump -- indoor light

from pump -- flash
spread a bit -- indoor light

spread a bit -- flash
blended out -- indoor light

blended out -- flash
Photos above are taken in indoor light and in flash.


Before photo, with Olay Natural White Light Day Cream, and my hair still wet

After photo (smiling mugshot, anyone?! hahaha!)

It improved my skin a lot, like it looked brighter than the before photo. As for the white cast... What white cast? It looked like a light lit from within! Haha! But then it did not significantly cover dark under-eyes (getting home late at night from law school is a bane!) and acne scars (facial alert!) as it only had sheer coverage. Maybe it will cover up a bit more if I put on another layer...

After photo, with CoverGirl AquaSmoothers Compact foundation as concealer and Natasha Beauty Perfect Finish Dual Powder Foundation

But then nothing that a good concealer and powder foundation can fix. Learned that tip from Martha of The Beauty Junkee.

In here is my usual work+school makeup, the simplest that I usually do. But this deserves another post so I'll reserve that for later.

I was not able to take a photo of myself upon getting home, so I'll explain what happened after seven hours. Staying power was good enough with the help of the powder foundation, though it oiled up after four hours, thus the need for blotting sheets and a oil-mattifying balm on the T-zone and other oily areas.

And it lasts me a long time -- I have this product with me for five months now, and it's still 3/4 full even while sharing this with my mother (she also loves this product so much that I might get another bottle for her own use).

Overall, Etude House Precious Minerals BB Cream Bright Fit is a pretty good base makeup for everyday use -- good buildable coverage without the heaviness of foundation, SPF30, that glow effect, a shade suitable for morenas like me, and last you a long time. So much to offer for a 60g tube of BB cream, isn't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment