Friday, March 28, 2014

Adobo Connection -- Adobo Indeed Connects Us All!

Hiya, guys!

Two weeks ago I went to a job interview which had a very early call time -- 7:30AM call time, yo! And I finished everything -- exams, interview and whatnot -- at, wait for it, 11:30AM! I'm telling you guys, that was the longest exam-cum-interview that I've been in my entire working life. So much that I felt famished after that even though I had a heavy breakfast before stepping out of the house.

So right after that session somewhere in Greenhills, I headed straight to SM Sta. Mesa for lunch. But the hungry adventurous palate in me wanted more than the usual fastfood fare without breaking the bank.

Then I heard the sound of a loud, booming sound system. When I came closer, it was Adobo Connection having its relaunch at that mall. I decided to try that out not only because of the relaunch but because a friend once recommended this resto as an alternative to typical fast food options.

Forgot to take a photo of the restaurant facade, so I took the logo at the table number instead. 
The restaurant here in SM Sta. Mesa is a little on the small side, but it definitely have this casual Pinoy vibe. It kinda feels like someone's living room converted into a small restaurant because the owner cooks awesome food. Which I really like.



More of this Pinoy resto when you click 'Read More.'


One of the latest offerings of this Filipino-themed fastfood restaurant is the Kanin All U Can (Rice All You Can) meals, which consists of your choice of adobo, refillable rice and egg (for adobo flakes) or chichadobo chips (for the rest of adobo choices). Prices range from Php99-119.

That day, I ordered the fried chicken adobo, as I want to try a different take on my favorite chicken meal.



As you can see in the photos, the adobo consists of two cuts of chicken equivalent to a quarter cut. It's a pretty generous portion, if you're gonna ask me.

Taste wise, it was pretty good. The chicken was crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside without being raw. Probably because it was cooked adobo-style first before being fried to crispy-outside perfection. Actually, the whole thing was like chicken adobo made for that one kid who only likes to eat fried food.

It also has crispy garlic chips, which gives a nice contrast to the savory taste of the chicken. And as for the chichadobo chips, it was so good it can be eaten on its own. They should have put a little bit more on my plate, but that's just me.

Overall, it's indeed a refreshing alternative to all the other fast food choices out there. And hey, let me remind you guys that besides adobo, they have things like kare-kare, sisig, and fish and tofu. These menu options makes Adobo Connection a good choice for when you're in a mall and craving for good ol' Pinoy food on a budget.

How about you guys -- have you tried out this resto? Share your thoughts on the comments box below!

Adobo Connection currently has branches all over the metro and select provinces. For more infomation, head to Adobo Connection's official website and Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment