Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Shiseido International Beauty Fair 2014 -- Day 3

Hiya, guys!

Yesterday I made a rundown of the highlights of Day 1 of the Shiseido International Beauty Fair 2014, featuring Shiseido Japan's senior beauty consultant Momoko Ishibashi (or Momo-san from hereon).

And since I was not around during the second day, we go straight to the third day of the fair.

Day 3


I still have one more subject left before the final exams are over, but then I decided to take a break from the two-days-straight review and headed out to Megamall for the third day of the beauty fair.


There's the cupcakes and drinks stand by Ingrid's Sweet Haven. Can I just say -- the chocolate cupcakes are so heavenly, it was to die for! And the red velvet cupcake was also delish with the cream cheese frosting that came with it.

The green-tinged concoction on the juice canister turns out to be made from moringa, an extract derived from malunggay. Because the moringa extract is odorless and tasteless, the flavor was enhanced with oranges, lemons and a little sugar. The result was a healthy and refreshing drink!

More of the event when you click 'Read More'




I went around the Atrium to take more pictures when I passed by Momo-san supervising a makeup artist who was doing a makeover to a customer. Pretty good timing, because I caught her smiling at the camera as I pressed the shutter!

Dono yo ni sutekina anata no, Momo-san! (That's so nice of you, Momo-san!)


I also tried out the photo booth available at the fair.


For this session, Momo-san (again with the help of her interpreter Maria) introduced some of Shiseido's sun care products, including its signature foundation line which also has sunscreen abilities.

photo courtesy of Madeline Ng
Out of nowhere, the host called me out to be a model for Momo-san's demonstration of the Summer Look. Hesitated as I may be, I still grabbed the opportunity because how often do I get to model for an international makeup artist? *wink wink!*

Again, she demonstrated the Shiseido Way of applying skin care -- from makeup removal to moisturizing. Her hands were very light when she was doing the whole thing, and I think everyone must be very gentle when touching her hands while doing her skin care routine.

photo courtesy of Madeline Ng
Then she went on with doing the Summer Look, which is perfect for partying the summer nights away, whether at the beach or at the clubs. For this look, she used the Sun Protection Foundation series, the products mentioned earlier in the session, in both liquid and powder forms.

I personally love the idea of putting on dual purpose products on my skin, like this foundation that also has sunscreen properties. And because the liquid type promises to be sweat- and water-resistant, this might be just what I need for my ultimate commuter makeup kit!


Anyways, here's what I looked like after the makeover. And below are the other products used on this look, modeled by moi! *teehee!*

- Shiseido Eyebrow Styling Compact in Deep Brown
- Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Lemoncello and Shoyu
- Shiseido Face Color Enhancing Trio in RS1
- Shiseido Lacquer Gloss Nebula in Plum Wine


photo courtesy of Madeline Ng
Right after the workshop session, I had my picture taken with Momo-san herself. She even apologized in rough English for not applying mascara for this look, but I told her it's okay.

I also spotted Wynwyn Marquez (aka Macy of GMA7's Kambal Sirena) during the event. Too bad I failed to take a photo with her. *boohoo!*

And I met a few people along the way, which made the last day of the fair worthwhile for me.

So that concludes the Shiseido International Beauty Fair, but I still have one more post about this event. Stay tuned for that, and don't forget to leave a post on the comment box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment