Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Shiseido International Beauty Fair 2014 -- Day 1

Hiya, guys!

Ever had this feeling of admiring a brand so much that you wanted to know that brand better?

Well, I did have that feeling when I attended the Shiseido International Beauty Fair at the Mega Atrium at SM Megamall last weekend.

photo courtesy of Shiseido Philippines
You see, I've known Shiseido as that sweet-smelling cream that my mother used to have when I was a kid. Now that Japanese beauty brand is re-introducing itself to the younger set (the so-called yuppies), it's high time that I get to know Shiseido better, in my own terms.

For this event, the folks at Shiseido Philippines brought in Momoko Ishibashi, one of Shiseido Japan's senior beauty consultants. She leads the beauty workshops held twice a day during the three-day beauty fair.

Click 'Read More' to know what went through the first day of the beauty fair.


Actually, I only attended two out of three days of the beauty fair. As much as I wanted to attend the second day, I really can't due to a prior appointment. Thus, I can only show you guys the highlights during the two-day event.



I was pretty amazed at the setup done at the Mega Atrium for this event. It reflected the clean aesthetic reminiscent of all of Shiseido's products, from skin care to makeup.

Besides the workshop scheduled at 2pm and 5pm, there are a lot of activities in store for this fair -- there's the skin consultation, quick facial, makeover, nail art and the mini-cafe where there are free drinks and mini-cupcakes galore!

Since I arrived at the venue a little earlier than the usual, I still have time to try out some of the activities there. I started out with the free makeover.


Me getting ready for the makeover.


All the prepping and makeup items already lined up at the table...


And this is what I looked like afterwards. I particularly asked for a natural, 'no makeup' look because I had to head out to school after the 2pm workshop.

Some of the items used in this look:
- Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation in I60
- Shiseido Sheer Mattifying Compact in I60
- Shiseido Face Color Enhancing Trio in PK1
- Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Yuba (a light gold)
- Shiseido Perfect Rouge lipstick (didn't catch the shade that was used on me though)

I had a few minutes left after the makeover before the workshop started. Thing is, the few seats allotted were all occupied. Good thing that the logistics guys noticed that and brought out a few more chairs so that more people can sit in.

Finally Ms. Ishibashi, or Momo-san, finally came out with her interpreter Maria. She greeted everyone in English and thanked with her good attempt of saying 'Maraming Salamat.' And then she went on with her Japanese lecture, aided with Maria's interpretation.


She first introduced the Shiseido Way of applying skin care which, at first sight, was more like a ceremony compared to what we were accustomed to. That time, I did not exactly get why it has to be that way until I experienced it first hand later on (more on that when you read further).


Momo-san also introduced a few of the new products in store for Spring/Summer 2014, including the Sheer Eye Zone Corrector. It is basically a corrector/highlighter for the under-eye area, and the click-pen packaging makes it similar to other under-eye correctors currently in the market (I'm talking to you, YSL Touche Eclat!).


Finally, Momo-san made a radiant glow look for the model which is perfect for the summer season in the Philippines. Which reminds me of the look that I was wearing right about that moment!

After that session I left the Mega Atrium because I still have to attend school. :(

There's more to come on the third day of the workshop, so keep yourselves posted on this blog! And please share your thoughts on the comments box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment