Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Overdue Post

Hiya, guys!

I know it's been a looooonnnggg while since I last posted here. I mean, come on it's already July and my last post was way back in April! Right about now, I'm apologizing for that fact. And since it's been quite a while, it's time for you guys to treat you with a bit of an update on what I'm up to these past few days.

1. I turned a quarter of a century older almost three months ago. But unlike the past few birthdays where I had all that shebang, I just spent my birthday this year in my mom's hometown in Pangasinan, primarily to 'break in' our new family vehicle. For those 'auto noobs' like I was a few years ago, 'breaking in' a vehicle means driving a fresh-from-the-factory vehicle to a decent long distance for the first time to 'warm up' its engine. Kinda like breaking in to your heels a few days before you plan to use it. As for the kind of vehicle I was talking about, I'll give you guys a hint: the car is from a Japanese-owned company which has its factory somewhere in Rizal. :)

The distance between Manila and Pangasinan is a pretty decent one for breaking in our vehicle, so we headed there for that purpose. And since the following day is a Sunday (and my birthday!), my family and my grandma headed to the famous Our Lady of Manaoag Shrine to have the vehicle blessed and hear the mass. During the communion, I prayed to God, thanking Him for all the blessings I received and asked for further guidance for my future. *new work, please?*

the birthday celebrant and the *magic* car

Tatay, brother Harley, Lola Lolit, sister Martina and Nanay

Nanay and her Nanay

our designated priest who did the car blessing..
Side story: Manaoag is also frequented by students who wish to pass an important examination, particularly board/Bar exams. In fact, every year, our college schedules visits for the Bar candidates to this shrine as part of their Bar operations activities. Knowing this fact, I had my two favorite ballpens blessed during one of the blessing sessions in the shrine. I know it's kinda silly for some, but I kinda believe in this, so I gave this a try. Wala namang mawawala kung susubukan, 'di ba? Besides, I know some devout Catholic law students would have their codals blessed, especially when they they have exams coming up. *wink wink!*

More on the happenings in my life the past months when you click 'Read More'

2. I had a very memorable trip to Baguio last May. My grandmother, my aunt and her husband escaped the community fiesta frenzy in Mindoro and went all the way here in Manila. Because of that, my dad and his brother (my uncle) decided to take them to Baguio because they have not been there ever since.

That's my very adorable cousin Nathan...

And our one big happy family!

We've been to so many places, like the Burnham Park...

Me, Nathan and the sunflowers...

My Tatay and his mother in front of the Burnham Park lagoon

The strawberry farm in La Trinidad...

The strawberry plants in the farm

The family and the strawberry ice cream

And the famous Lion's Head along Kennon Road.

GROWL!

My Nanay and her mother-in-law. :)

Not pictured here are the Mountain Maid Training Center (AKA Good Shepherd) and Philippine Military Academy, which we did not had the chance to visit because we were all wearing slippers at the time (slippers are strictly prohibited inside the PMA).

After the Baguio trip, we had our 'layover' in Pangasinan where my grandmother from my father's side gets to revisit my mom's place and chat with her mother (my other grandmother) once again. The last time she went there was during my parents' wedding 26 years ago. Before that, we stopped by the place of my aunt Adrenie (the wife of my dad's brother) not too far from my mom's place. That counts the second time our family went to Pangasinan this year.

A little trivia: both my dad and my uncle were married to women who hail from the same town in Pangasinan (Lingayen) but from different communities -- Mom was from Matalava, aunt Adrenie was from Domalandan.

3. For the third time, our family headed back again to Matalava, this time to celebrate the community fiesta. My sister Martina was chosen to be this year's Reyna Elena while my cousin Owen was chosen as her consort Emperador Constantino.

That's my sister!
Can I just say? My sister looks totes amaze in her gown! She kinda looked like Katniss Everdeen during her first interview with Caesar Flickerman (remember the scene where she twirled around and flames went flying off her dress?). And I'm really proud to be her sister.
Martina as Reyna Elena and cuzzin' Owen as Emperador Constantino

Uhmm, Owen, why are you covering your face?

4. I. WON. DUMOND. GCs!



I wrote this post as an entry for the Dumond Summer Style contest organized by Nuffnang. It was my first time to enter a blogger contest, and I really did not expect to win anything because I don't have that much luck in lotteries and promos. I never won any major prize at any 'bunutan-type' of contest that I enter myself in; and the last time I did won something was way back in high school where I joined a fundraising raffle of the Science club and I won a Red Ribbon cake slice.

So there, I won GCs worth Php2,000. I have not used the GCs as I plan to purchase something from that store which is beyond the value of the GCs. Maybe once I get additional funds to purchase that item, perhaps? :)

5. It's been almost a month since the new school year has started; and as always, law school is a frenzy. Though my current schedule allows for more study time, I find myself shaking my head in disbelief every time I go to school to attend class. It's because I'm taking up some of the most difficult subjects in law school -- well, at least in our school. As always, I'm giving everything I've got for each and every subject and also pray to God to make it His will to pass me in these subjects this semester.

Oh, can you also wish me luck? Thanks in advance!

So that's me as of the moment. I'm getting busier by the day, so much that I still have a backlog of product reviews to do. I really hope I could find the time to do them, like right now but not now because I could only do so much. But I really promise to be back soon with all my reviews and antics!

Seeyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment