Tuesday, December 29, 2015

[30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE] What Band or Musician is Important To You?

Hiya, guys!

So today is the sixth day of my blog challenge, and I'm about to write about the bands or musicians that are important to me.

These are some of my favorite artists. Can you spot yours here? 
If you've read my post on the first day of this challenge where I wrote about myself slumnote-style, you'll know that I have a handful of favorite artists and bands. For me, they are all important to me because of various reasons.

Let's start with the bands:

Backstreet Boys, Westlife, *NSYNC, Boyz2Men - Because I practically grew up with their songs. I sang with them, I danced with some of them, and to this day their songs nearly fully satisfy my nostalgia fix every. Single. Time.

And I'm pretty sure the ABS-CBN News Team would agree.


Parokya ni Edgar - Unlike with foreign boy bands, I did not have a particular favorite OPM band during the '90s. However, I do remember myself singing to Eraserheads' 'Ang Huling El Bimbo' and Parokya's 'Harana.' I only appreciated Parokya just recently when I watched the whole Inuman Sessions Vol. II video and liking 90% of the songs there. So yeah.

The reasons why I love my favorite artists when you click 'Read More.'




Mandy Moore - I gotta admit, I primarily liked her because of 'A Walk to Remember' but boy did I became obsessed with her ever since. I'm actually missing her and her songs. #whenisthecomeback

Sara Bareilles - I loved her ever since 'Love Song,' and today, I have all of her albums saved in my Spotify profile. Yes, including the songs from her latest project -- the Broadway adaptation of the movie 'Waitress.'

Marie Digby - I read about her in a magazine somewhere, and in that article it says things like (not the exact words) 'listen to her if you like Sara Bareilles.' Since I'm already liking Sara Bareilles at that time, I tried listening to her album. Sure, 'Say It Again' and her rendition of Rihanna's 'Umbrella' were now popular at that time, but I fell in love with her more in 'Spell' and 'Miss Invisible.' And like Mandy Moore, it's been quite a while since she last made an album so I kinda want to hear more from her. She does have a Youtube channel, though.




Beyonce - Because girl power at its best. *cue* All the single ladies, now put your hands up!

So that's it for my favorite post! How about you guys, why do you like your current favorite artists? Tell me more about it at the comments section down below!

And in case you missed the first few days of my blog challenge, here's the complete list from the intro post:

The 30-Day Blog Challenge
Day 1: Write Some Basic Things About Yourself
Day 2: 10 Likes and Dislikes
Day 3: Your Day In Great Detail
Day 4: The Meaning Behind Your (Blog) Name
Day 5: Five Places You Want to Visit

No comments:

Post a Comment