Wednesday, December 30, 2015

[30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE] Do You Read? What Are Your Favorite Books?

Hiya, guys!

It's now the seventh day of the challenge, and in this post I'm asked, 'Do you read? What are your favorite books?'

First things first, do I read?

OF COURSE I READ!!!!

Para saan pa't kumuha ako ng course na book-heavy na tulad ng law, di ba?

So yeah, I LOVE to read, probably way back when I'm not starting school yet. I remember my mom telling me this story that I would snatch the newspaper or comics (this was when comics were a big thing) that she was reading and then start 'reading' it aloud even if I could not read the words properly. Kinda like reading the whole thing in gibberish language, if you know what I mean.

And that went on to grade school and high school. I would read a variety of books -- from encyclopedias to fiction books, with topics ranging from geography to fantasy.

However, I could never say that I'm the most widely-read person that you'll know; simply because while I may have read Bob Ong and F. Sionil Jose, I have not gone as far as reading the likes of The Art of War and The Prince. I admit those are not exactly my cup of tea, but maybe once I got off my law books I could try reading them.

What are my favorite books, you might ask. Click 'Read More' to find out!

Photo credit here

1. A Walk to Remember
I could not even begin how in love I am with this story. I cried buckets in both the book and the movie versions. This was one of the books that inspired me to write my own novel.

Photo credit here
2. Harry Potter series
I rode into the Harry Potter bandwagon later than most Potterheads because I started reading the series just before the first Deathly Hallows movie was shown. But this series was unforgettable for me -- I started reading the first book at the start of the semestral break during my first year in law school, and I finished it just before classes for the second semester began. (Yay!)

Photo credit here
3. Fifty Shades series
Two words: #guiltypleasure. However, I liked how the trust issues among couples are played out in this story, and that's what got me hooked.

Photo credit here


4. If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Foreman
This series made me think of a lot of things about life, most especially about how people will go on living without me. But between the two books, I like the second book better than the first.

So that's my list of all-time favorite books, I hope you enjoyed it. How about you guys -- do you love to read? What's your favorite books?

And in case you missed the rest of the series, here's the full list:

The 30-Day Blog Challenge
Day 1: Write Some Basic Things About Yourself
Day 2: 10 Likes and Dislikes

Day 3: Your Day In Great Detail
Day 4: The Meaning Behind Your (Blog) Name
Day 5: Five Places You Want to Visit
Day 6: What Band or Musician is Important To You?

No comments:

Post a Comment