Monday, January 4, 2016

[30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE] Screenshot your desktop

Hiya, guys!

So for today's blog challenge I'm asked to post a screenshot of my desktop.

Okay I'm not gonna take this talk any further so here it goes:


Uhm, do I even have to explain the desktop photo? Because apparently, my renewed liking towards Mandy Moore's 'Cry' has not died down just yet. So there.

Maybe I should make a rundown of all the icons here in my desktop:

This PC - the new term for My Computer in Windows 10.

OOT: By the way, my computer now runs a Windows 10 OS, though it has no touch capacity. This is because I was still using the original Windows 7 that came installed in this unit when this was detected to be capable for Windows 10. So I downloaded the new OS, and after a half-day of download, I'm ready to go!

Recycle Bin - where all your (computer) trash goes, and where you try to pick them up when you change your mind. Wish I could do that in a real trash can without going over those yucky stuff.

More of what's in my desktop when you click 'Read More.'

Acrobat Reader DC - Best. PDF. Reader. EVER!

Avast Free Antivirus - gotta protect my PC from intruders!

Evernote - I have the desktop version solely for the purpose of backing up whatever I have saved on my mobile version, because *law school notes* *very important for the bar!*

Google Chrome - my default web browser.

Skype - this is where I make my living at the moment, besides blogging.

VLC Media Player - to play music and videos, especially workout videos.

Back-up (D:) - I have partitioned my disk drive into two: the main drive (C:) and the back-up drive (D:). The D: drive is where I save my documents and whatnot so that it does not hog the space in C: drive intended for programs to be used in the future. (Computer geeks, I know you know what I'm talking about. I was once one of you.)

Microsoft Office Excel and Word - for obvious reasons.

So that's my desktop story. Really boring by any means, but because my laptop is so old (this laptop, an HP Mini 110, was purchased back in 2010), I could not install any more programs unless necessary. As much as I want to install Adobe Premiere here, I could not because of specs limitations.

*sigh* I think I need a new laptop.

And again, here's the rundown of all the posts I did for the challenge:

The 30-Day Blog Challenge
Day 1: Write Some Basic Things About Yourself
Day 2: 10 Likes and Dislikes
Day 3: Your Day In Great Detail
Day 4: The Meaning Behind Your (Blog) Name
Day 5: Five Places You Want to Visit
Day 6: What Band or Musician is Important To You?
Day 7: Do You Read? What Are Your Favorite Books?
Day 8: Three Things You Want to Say to Different People
Day 9: Pet Peeves
Day 10: If you could only live off of one food and one beverage for the rest of your days, what would they be?
Day 11: What is your favorite quote?

No comments:

Post a Comment