Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Latest Happenings

HIYA GUYS!

Oh my goodness, it's been AGES since I last posted something. Yeah, right, I've said that three posts ago, but it's true -- I've been busy lately with school stuff, extra-curriculars, work and many more, so enough talk, on with the updates...

Last month our school participated in the Conflicts of Law, an inter-school sports and events competition. One of the events that the school joined in was the debate competition. I was one of the debaters for the school, with my boyfriend and another classmate of mine.

Mind you, this was the first time that our school competed in any debate competition EVER. There was a little bit of pressure from our part because of that fact, but our adviser told us to just enjoy the moment and learn from the experience because this will be the foundation of the debate club that we will be establishing.

Long story short, we did not win the competition but it was okay. We did learned from the experience, and even for me, that is all that matters.

The Debate Team (plus our student adjudicator)
The debate team in action (actually while formulating our arguments before the debate proper starts) Photo courtesy of Dr. Cyril Consuelo
More updates from my life when you click 'Read More'


A week after the debate competition was the school's foundation day, and I joined the oratorical competition. I talked about my outfit that day in this post, but going back to the competition, I chose a topic that is entirely different from the topics that the other contestants have chosen. And because of that topic (and piece), I placed second.

Right after this post I will be posting the oratorical piece that I use for the contest.

Me and Kim and photobomber Julius
During my turn in the oratorical competition. Photo courtesy of Dr. Cyril Consuelo
This month, we finally established the debate club! There were only eight of us in the organization, but nevertheless we are brave (and crazy) enough to join two (!) debate competitions next month! Afterwards, we are going to settle the matters pertaining to the recognition of our club as a legitimate organization in the school. (Yay!)

Working dinner with the debate society

Someone took a selfie while the meeting is ongoing. Thanks Moay!
Finally, last Holy Week my boyfriend and I went to Batangas to visit our friends who are now living in Sto. Tomas. They are actually our former law school classmates who fell in love, left law school, got married and had an adorably bubbly three-year-old boy. We went to the National Shrine of St. Pio (aka Padre Pio) which is just a short tricycle drive away from where we are staying, and the next day we went to Shercon Resort which is, in my opinion, one of the best resorts/events venue/ecopark in Batangas.

This was our first time to travel by ourselves, so it was such an experience for both of us. All the last-minute planning, budgeting and whatnots has been worth it. Well, maybe because we stayed at our friend's house so accommodation was not much of a problem, but if we booked a hotel (or a room at a bed and breakfast) maybe it's an entirely different thing altogether. But what an experience nevertheless.

These were the only photos of the trip that I had so far, and I grabbed it from my friend's FB page. Most of our photos was in my boyfriend's phone, and he has not uploaded it nor sent a copy on my phone. Anyway, it does not matter -- I'll just update my post when I have the photos.

Ze couples -- Adrian, Kaye, boyfie and me
Wacky shot!
I think that's it for now, and I hope you don't stop following my blog. See you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment