Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Photo Timeline

While on my way home from classes, I was browsing through my phone's image gallery. I noticed that there are many pictures still consuming space at my memory card. These pics were from last December...

Suddenly, I had a great idea...

Why not make a photo story out of it?

First story: Nathaniel's baptism

Isn't he just ah-dorable? :)

Right after Christmas was my cousin Nathaniel's christening. Nathaniel is that cute little baby boy you see in the picture above. Anyway, the baptism was held at the Sacred Heart Parish Church in Quezon City - the same church where I was baptized almost twenty years ago.

Of course, right after the ceremony is the reception. And the reception is at Max's Restaurant Timog Avenue...


Oh yeah, the house that fried chicken built, indeed!

 ...which by the way is the very same house where Max served his niece's fried chicken to his American friends back in the World War days, which prompted him to turn his house into a restaurant right after.

The baby figurine in the cake is soooo cute!

Going back to the reception, ang daming handa! It was enough to make me filled to the brim. Truly, holiday foodfest has come full throttle. :)


Second story: gifts galore!

Holidays is never complete without gifts, of course. So here's a rundown of the gifts that I received...


A cute pen from my officemate Jenny...

A coinpurse from Palawan filled with Hershey's from my bisor Sir Tony...

A Papemelroti notepad from Ms. Anna...

A ladybug-shaped chocolate from another officemate Ate SJ...

And of course, that ginormous bag from BF Don.

Not listed: denim shorts from Nanay, a (computerized) card from Marty, a waistbelt from Sir Tony again (he was my munito in our office kris kringle), and a bracelet from law school classmate Ate Marj.

But of course, I did not forget to give gifts as well. Sadly, I was only able to take a pic of one of them, and that is...

Fluffy slippers for my lil' sis Marty

Other gifts: 'Special Teacher' pen for Nanay, shaving foam for Tatay, Oxygen 11:55 perfume for lil' bro Harley and a colored pencil set for BF.

Speaking of which...


Third story: Tulips and a pizza date

BF has a lot of plans for us for V-Day, but right after the first day of February arrived, he caught a bad case of cough and colds, diagnosed as mild asthma. He even skipped classes for two days just to ease the coughing. And even right after that, though under medication, he was still coughing loudly (loudly talaga? sorry BF...)

Wednesday, February 16. While riding a bus on my way to school, I received a text message, saying that we have no classes that day. Initially, I planned to wander all by myself in Cubao, until he called me up, asking what's my plan that day. After telling him, he asked me, 'Kita tayo, gusto mo?'

Of course, I wanted to meet with him. But that's not the surprise of the day. 

He asked further, 'Saan mo gustong kumain?'

To make the long story short, it's a post-V-Day date.


First thing he did right after seeing me at Gateway was to give me this tulip. I was actually half-expecting a single red rose a la My Sassy Girl (actually any kind of rose for that matter), so I did not really expect that he would give this one. And I have to admit, for a moment, I was speechless afterwards.

We decided to order pizza (buy one, take one, mind you) at Pizza Hut Gateway, and we ate one of them at the food court (I brought the other one to the office for me and my graveyard shiftmates to hoard, hahaha!). 


Yum, yum, yum! Pizza is <3

After walking around the mall 'para pababain ang kinain,' we passed by Timezone, and right there, he decided to play the Prize Cube, so he reloaded his Powercard. After two tries, he won for me a pink jelly watch. Too bad he was not able to get the black one for himself (boo-hoo!)

Tulips and pizza? Not a bad combination, don't you think? :)



And that's all for my photo stories... 'Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment