Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The (Anti-)Solo Traveler Diaries (PPUR+ Edition): The Back Story


 It took me two years before I rode the plane again for a trip out of town. By then, I'm already earning my own money, but then not that enough to go out of town whenever I wish. It's because I'm also studying law, thus most of my expenses go for there. But when an opportunity to travel comes to you, would you have second thoughts about it? In my case, I sorta have to, but nevertheless went for it.

The destination: Puerto Princesa City, Palawan.

=========================

The Palawan trip was offered to me at a pretty last minute -- the trip was on April, the offer was made to me on February. It was because one of the Team Grade Six backed out from the trip for some reasons. By that time, the said member has paid a certain amount for the plane ticket. So all I have to do is to pay the remaining amount. But I was still astounded at the amount that I have to pay -- around P2,500. Whereas I was able to score a round-trip ticket to Palawan at more than half that price during a mock booking.

Anyway, I accepted the offer, because I would only have to pay in installments, since the plane tickets are paid by credit card. The same way goes to the accomodations, where Mom pays for me for the moment, and would have to pay her later on.

I almost backed out of the trip because of the summer classes that I took back then. However, upon learning that you are only allowed one absence per subject, and since I'm not the kind who skips classes at a whim, I decided to spend those absences in this trip.

And so the trip to Palawan commenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment