Friday, December 28, 2012

Jesselle the Makeup Junkie: The Brush Kit (and a New Addition to My Arsenal)



What's makeup without the proper brushes?

Sure, there are some items that you can apply with your hands or fingers, but the precision that makeup brushes offer is beyond compare.

But because I'm not exactly a professional when it comes with makeup application, and I don't have that much time to rummage around 24 pieces of brushes just to get the job done, I settled with a seven-piece set, with the addition of one.


The Fanny Serrano brush kit comes with seven brushes:

A. Face Brush - for buffing all over the face; also for applying face powder.

B. Blush Brush - for blushes, obviously; also for bronzers.

C. Eyeshadow Brush - for applying the base color on the eyes.

D. Eye Blending Brush - for blurring out harsh lines when applying two or more eye colors; most useful when doing the smokey eye.

E. Angled Brush - for precision application of eye color (I personally use this brush for applying the darkest color at the area between the lash line to the crease)

F. Lip Brush - for lip colors; most useful when applying red lip color (It is always advisable to use a brush when applying red lip color; except for those times when you want just a hint of red on your lips -- put a bit with your pinkie finger, and then finish it off with lip balm or clear gloss)

G. Mascara Spoolie - for separating lashes clumped with mascara and grooming eyebrows.

I encased my two larger brushes in a net-like brush protector to retain its shape. I bought these protectors at Suesh kiosk in Trinoma -- it comes in a set of ten, but because it's too long for my otherwise small brushes, I cut them in half so that it fits.

When I first bought the set, I was already content with its contents -- for a makeup novice like me, it has everything I need. But as I learn new techniques, I felt the need for more brushes. And I found one of them at SM Department Store...



This is the bullet brush from Marionnaud. Great for applying eye contour color (which I'm still trying to perfect to this day), most useful when doing the smokey eye.

I still want to complete my 'advanced' makeup brush kit, and the following brushes will make it complete: foundation brush, concealer brush, hard-bristle brow brush.

And for the latest addition in my arsenal...



Here it is: In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Powder. I received it as a gift during our office kris kringle. I originally wrote 'ELF Brow Kit' in the wishlist, but my monita gave me this. How does this fare for my standards? Watch out for it... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment