Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Jesselle the Makeup Junkie: On Kikay Kit #2



As I have mentioned in the first part of this series, my kikay kit #2 mostly contain small items. If I were to downsize my stuff to fit into a smaller bag, I'm less likely to include this kikay kit into it.


However, variety is the spice of life, so I like keeping this small case with me whenever I bring a bigger bag. After all, I never knew when I want to sport a colored eyeliner or a red lip.

Eye Preps

I usually play safe with my eyes -- they sometimes take up much effort to do anything daring with it, unlike with lips where all you need is a swipe of a punchy lip color to be daring (read: Nicki Minaj pink).

However, I knew the importance of prepping in makeup, especially the eyes. Because I tend to wear my eye makeup the entire day, I have to make sure it stays that way for a long time. Thus the need for these items:



Ever wonder why at times your concealer looks darker than your skin, especially during the colder -ber months? That's because during these months, you lose a bit of your summer tan, if not most of it. That is why a web article (can't remember exactly where I read that so I could not provide the link) recommend having two different shades of concealer on hand: one that has a darker shade which you can use during warmer months, and one that has a lighter shade which is to be used during cooler months.

A lighter shade of concealer is also perfect for covering up under-eye circles (which is a perennial fixture in my face recently). Especially if it has a peach-pink or yellow undertone (according to Bobbi Brown), it cancels out the bluish undertone of dark circles. Just don't get too light, though, or you might end up with raccoon eyes.

This one is my cooler month concealer: Natasha Beauty Perfect Cover Concealer Stick in Caramel. Whenever my CoverGirl concealer becomes too dark to my skin, I switch up to this one. It also has the yellow undertone which works well with my dark circles. At times, I blend this one with the CoverGirl concealer to make a 'summer' version of my dark circle corrector.


If you've been reading my blog, I'm sure you have chanced upon my review of Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Primer Stick. I'm still using it to this day, but because it's about to be used up, I primarily use this as eye primer.


Eyes

Most of the products in this pencil case are, well, eye pencils and some other items for the eyes. Because while I may be playing safe with my eyes, I spruce it up once in a while by wearing eye liner.


I have here Natasha Beauty Day-to-Night Eyeliner in Purple Wine and Emerald Green. I think these colors are ideal for me because jewel-toned colors highlight my eyes. I just keep the rest of my face (cheeks and lips) neutral so that the purple- or green-lined eyes stands out.


These are Natasha Beauty GlamFix Eyeliners in Chocofix and Pearldrop. As you could notice, I have a lot of brown eye makeup, as this is my 'default' eye makeup color of choice. I stay away from black as it is too strong for my eyes -- not to mention looking too 'emo.' There's a little trick I learned using white eyeliner -- apply some at the inner corner of the eyes to achieve the 'wide awake' look.


But while I may be staying away from black in terms of eye makeup, this one is an exception: Avon Simply Pretty Metallic Eyeliner in Black. It allows me to go from natural (plain tightline) to bold (cat eye) without much fuss. Not to mention it's long lasting.



In a crowd of eye makeup, this one is a standout -- this is a makeup trio from Avon that comes with eye (shimmery brown), lip (red) and cheek (peach) color in cream formulation. Since the cheek makeup is already used up, I use this trio for my eyes and especially the lips. This is my instant red lipstick that I could apply either with a brush or with my pinkie finger.



If I want to do more with my eyes, I just take out my Natasha Eyeshadow Trio and this one: Sketches Graffiti Eyeshadow Duo in Hazel Touch. Yes, it's brown again, but with more color depth than the trio one, so it gives me more color variety when I need it.

So there you have it -- the contents of my pencil case kikay kit. For the final part of this series, I'll introduce to you to the essential tools in my primp-up process, plus the newcomer in my makeup arsenal. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment