Thursday, February 27, 2014

How to Change Up Your Look in Less Time

Hiya, guys! As early as now, I'm asking for your apologies because I'll be busy in the coming months. You see, I'm on a job hunt right now (it can be pretty hard to find work that's within your required schedule, no?), plus it's finals season in the coming weeks. Things are gonna get crazy starting now, so I hope I could get this through.

Now back to the topic for the day...


I really like my makeup routine to be fast and easy, as I'm leading a pretty busy lifestyle (you know, work and law school and all that jazz) that I only had a little time for primping myself up. Remember my work+school makeup tutorial I did last time? I raved on that post how much I used that look, like, every single time I step out of the house.

I'm serious. I really think that if there is such thing as a 'signature look,' this would be it.

But what if I want to change up my look but only have time for a ten-minute look? Find out my trick when you click 'Read More.'

My trick is to make a slight change on just one product in my makeup routine. For example, in this look, I replaced the usual brown eyeliner here with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Rocky Mountain Green...


And in this look below, I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere and then topped it off with Natasha Colourbuild Eyeshadow Trio in Beachrush (middle color).


There are times that I just want to go color-crazy on my lips. Here, I used the Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipstick in Coral Pink.

And here I used In2It Moisture Intense lipstick in Flame.

Excuse me while I have my Rhodora X moment.. LOL!
I once tried using eyebrow pencil instead of the usual eyebrow powder -- in fact I was doing this trick way before I had my HG brow powder. At one time, I used my CoverGirl AquaSmoothers Compact as a full-face foundation instead of the usual spot concealer.

The only thing I haven't done so far? Change up my blush color -- I don't think I look flattering in any blush color other than coral and brownish pink.

Lesson of this post: if you want to change up your look in less time, change colors or products on just one part, and keep the rest of the look as is. Believe me, everyone will take notice of your 'new look' without entirely changing your makeup routine. *wink wink!*

Once again, I invite you to like the blog's Facebook page and follow me on Twitter and Instagram. See you guys there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment