Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Navy is The New Pink Rap Challenge: The Game Plan

photo credit here
Hiya, guys!

Today is a school holiday, meaning no classes for me and my sibs. But then this will be a really quick post as I'm off to do some errands right after this thing, so please bear with me.

Yesterday I announced that I'm taking on a rap challenge. So today I'm gonna lay out here my game plan on how I'll accomplish this challenge.

First things first, time frame. I'll give myself a month, or until around March 30, to learn this song by heart and sing it in Gloc 9 speed. Some may challenge me to do this within a week or two, but I gave myself more room for a reason. It's because it's finals season next week, and so the idea is to squeeze in a few minutes a day (study breaks, maybe) doing this challenge.

More of the action plan after the jump.

This is also the reason behind my general action plan for the challenge, which would be to memorize two lines per day, and then put them all together at the end of the week. That way, I would have memorized the entire song in around two weeks, and then sing it flawlessly by the end of the month.

So where am I so far? Right after posting the article yesterday I bookmarked the lyric sheet of 'Bagsakan' from AZLyrics (my go-to lyric site, by the way) and listened to the song again to get its entire feel. At this point I'm also trying to catch the beat of the song I won't sound like I missed the tune. So far, I find the part of Chito Miranda (Parokya ni Edgar's vocalist) as relatively easier and Gloc9's part a bit more advanced.

Think I could pull this off in a month? Share your thoughts on the comment box below!

Don't forget to like the blog's Facebook page and follow me on Twitter and Instagram. Once you do that, follow the updates of my challenge using the hashtag #NITNPrapchallenge.

2 comments: