Saturday, February 22, 2014

My Makeup Lust List

I love making lists -- I often make to-do lists out of habit and make lists out of random things that comes to my mind at that moment. Back in college, I used to list down my facts and thoughts before translating it into articles.

Today I decided to make a wish list of the makeup items that I really want to get my hands on when my funds allow it. *When will that time come? (wishful thinking)*
photo taken from Urban Decay's official website
1. Urban Decay Naked Palette

A lot of beauty bloggers are raving about this palette in all its three incarnations. I think the Naked 1 suits my skintone best, although I like the colors of Naked 3 palette.

photo taken from Bobbi Brown Cosmetics official website
2. Bobbi Brown concealer and concealer

One lazy day in The Block at SM North EDSA, I chanced upon the Bobbi Brown counter where it ran a mini-counter alongside Clinique for a limited time. I swatched some of their products, and the concealer and corrector stood out for me. Given my acne scars and slight darkness under my eyes, these are a must-have.

There's more that I want to get my hands on. Click 'Read More' to see the full list

photo taken from MAC's official website
3. MAC Ruby Woo

I've been reading about MAC lipsticks in beauty blogs, and almost all of them swear by their favorite shades. So when I passed by a MAC counter to know my foundation shade (I'm an NC40 by the way), I took that chance to try out their lipsticks. Of the myriad of shades available, the Ruby Woo shade caught my attention, like it's telling me, 'Will you please buy me?' Oh goodness, I want to buy you but I can't... for now.

photo taken from Real Techniques official website
4. Real Techniques brushes

Like most beauty enthusiasts, I watch beauty tutorials in between work and reading law books, and Sam and Nic Chapman of Pixiwoo are among my favorite beauty vloggers. But their names on these brushes aren't the only reasons why I want them -- I've been reading good reviews on these babies because of their good performance and affordable prices compared to other brand-name brushes. If only the Sam's Picks set is still available when I could finally afford them...

photo taken from Benefit Cosmetics official website
5. Benefit box o' powders

I got to try out Benefit's famed box o' powders during their event that I attended two weeks ago, and I love the colors. All of them, actually. But then I found that Coralista, Hoola and Rockateur suits my skintone well, so I'm aiming for either of the three.

photo taken from Urban Decay's official website
6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

A lot of beauty bloggers swear by this eyeshadow primer, as it claims to brighten up eye color, prevents creasing and makes it last longer. That's why I'm itching to try out this one, especially now that I'm experimenting on different eye looks.

photo taken from Suesh's official Facebook page
7. lighted mirror

This is more of a tool than a beauty product, but I've always loved doing my makeup in front of a lighted mirror ever since doing it during an event years ago. It doesn't matter if it's pocket-sized or full-sized -- what matters is that the light is just the right brightness for makeup application.

No comments:

Post a Comment