Sunday, February 23, 2014

The (Anti-) Solo Traveler Diaries: My Travel Bucket List

It was only recently that I discovered my inner wanderlust. And now it can't be tamed -- in fact, it makes me want to explore the places that I only get to know from books and pictures. And it makes me dream of the day where I could finally omit the (Anti-) part in my travel diaries.

I'm pretty sure that every traveler (aspiring or experienced) has their own version of the ultimate travel bucket list -- those places that they would like to visit before a certain condition happens (spoken like a law student would, haha!), be it before they get hitched, before they reach a certain age, and so on. As for me, I would like to visit the following places, some before I get married, some before I turn 30, and some before I die (knock on wood).

photo credit here
1. Thailand

If I had it my way, I wanted that my first out of country trip would be in Thailand and not in Hong Kong. Why Thailand, you might ask. It's because it is a tropical country just like the Philippines, the exchange rate is not so far from ours (last time I checked, one baht is equivalent to at least two pesos), their culture is an interesting learning experience, and it's a great food trip destination (yum!).

photo credit here
2. Korea

I like Korean period dramas and the K-Pop group Girls' Generation, but that's not enough to call me a K-Pop fan. Surely that does not stop me from wanting to explore more of the 'other' wintry country in Asia (the one being Japan), no? Besides, I want to hoard their famous beauty products (I'm talking to you, Etude House!)

More destinations when you click 'Read More'


photo credit here
3. Bohol

Despite most of the areas being damaged by the recent earthquake, there's lots more to explore in this island-province in Visayas. There's the Chocolate Hills (but with the viewing deck damaged, how will I see this?), the tarsiers, the town of Loboc...

photo credit here
4. Australia

I'd like to go here primarily because I wanted to visit my high school best friend who is now based there (Melbourne, to be particular). And surely I'm not gonna miss out on the Sydney Opera House, the kangaroos and their reverse climate (summer in December, winter in April), no?

photo caption here
5. Maldives

Though I believe that the best beaches in the world are in the Philippines, I still want to know why people all over the world are raving over the beaches in Maldives. Maybe because of the threat that it might disappear due to climate change?

photo credit here
6. the entire Europe

This! This destination that I wanted to visit before I turn 30. Or before I get married. Or before I die. But I don't want to visit just one country -- that would be just the cherry on top of the banana split. I wanted to visit as many European countries as possible -- yes, that includes Russia, Serbia and Turkey (that's a half-Asia, half-Europe country for you). Selfish as I may sound, but hey, a girl can dream!

How about you, what's your travel bucket list?


No comments:

Post a Comment