Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Skin Care Routine + Quick Review

Hiya guys!

Today I'll be showing to you my skin care routine, and I will do a quick review of each of them.

As I have mentioned in my blog quite a few times, I have oily skin. I also get breakouts -- blackheads, whiteheads, pimples -- you name it, especially when I'm stressed (hello exams week!). That is why one of the things that I look for in skin products is its ability to keep oil at bay and prevent (or treat) pimples.

That being said, here are the products that I use for my usual skincare routine.

DAY



1. Pond's Clear Solutions Facial Wash

Of all the drugstore facial washes that I have tried, this wash has worked well for me so far. It leaves my skin squeaky clean and refreshed after washing.


2. Olay Natural White Light face cream

I like my day cream light and non-greasy, much like putting on water condensed in a cream. That is why I like this day cream -- it is light and non-greasy, and it does not interfere with my makeup application. But then I still think there is a better day moisturizer out there that suits the needs of my oily skin...


3. Etude House Precious Minerals BB Cream Bright Fit

Though it's technically makeup, I treat it as skincare because of its SPF30 properties. It's because sunblock is an essential skin care step, especially for me who go on long commutes nearly on a daily basis. Because of that, I usually go for products with an SPF factor of 30 or higher, thus this product.

My night routine and the latest addition to my arsenal when you read 'Read More'


NIGHT



1. Purederm Makeup Cleansing Tissues

I bought this little package a few days ago, and so far I'm satisfied with how these wipes remove all the makeup and gunk on my face. But its only con for me is that it deforms easily -- I wish it does not stretch out as easily.

2. Pond's Clear Solutions Facial Wash


It's almost used up -- gotta get another bottle (?) 
3. Celeteque Acne Solutions Oil Control Toner

Along with my facial wash, it leaves my skin squeaky clean and refreshed before hitting the sack. But just like the Olay day cream, I feel like there's something out there that's better than this one...

All these three items are the reason why I skip toner in the morning -- I mean, my face is already clean the night before, and I only have to wash off the residue of last night's cream before putting on anything on my face the next day. Right?


4. Human Heart Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil

Why a beauty oil despite me being an oily-faced gal? Because natural plant oils has many benefits and, as with sunflower oil, it helps regenerate skin damaged by acne. Though it takes quite some time to see its effects, it is effective. It retains skin moisture which was otherwise stripped off by both facial wash and toner. And it also gradually reduced my acne scars though, then again, the effect is pretty slow.

LATEST ADDITION



iWhite Korea Nose Pack Sachet

Ever since I reviewed the Nose Pack a few days ago, I have been using this for three more times, the latest of which was yesterday. I'm using this every other day, and whenever I do, whiteheads and blackheads are coming off. Every. Single. Time.

So there's my skin care routine. Overall, all of the items I have are working on me, though methinks that there are products out there that are more effective than these. I just need a little more exploring...

How about you -- what's your skin care routine? Please share it on the comments box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment