Monday, March 24, 2014

[REVIEW] Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

Hiya, guys!

Today, I'm gonna review the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser.


I've always been on the lookout for makeup items that would pass my requirements -- it has to be long-wearing because I have to wear it at work and at school, and it has to withstand the heat, sweat and oil for a decent amount of time.

Many makeup artists and beauty experts swear by primers for people who oil up a lot like I do. But then primers are a bit steep-priced so I'm now on the lookout for a good-performing but affordable primer, though I've previously tried the Goodbye Pore Ever Primer Stick by Etude House.

Enter Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser. As I have mentioned in my latest haul post, this is one of the most affordable primer/mattifiers in the market after Quick FX Pore Mattifier went out of stock for months now. So I will begin my search for the best primer with this baby from Maybelline (hey, that sounds quite alike, don't you think?)

The full review when you click 'Read More'




It's housed in a plastic tube packaging, and just like the Celeteque eye cream, it has a pointed tube nozzle which I really like (forgot to take a photo of the nozzle, though).


The product itself is a clear, gel-like liquid which kinda reminds me of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer which I tried out one time. And I also like that it feels light on the skin when I swatched it onto my hand.


Can you see how it mattified a small part of my hand?

Now let's see how it fares into my skin...

maybelline-baby-skin-pore-eraser-5

In this photo I applied small dots of product onto my face: one on the nose and the chin, two on the forehead and one on the areas beside the nose near the eye area, before you get into the apples of your cheeks.

But the photo did not do much justice on how awesome this product is! It mattifies the nose and forehead even with very little product put on in these areas. The sides-of-the-nose area were also matte, but not as matte as the nose and the forehead. Instead, it left a little shine that acted like highlights on my face, making it glow just a little bit.

I know some of you are worried that this factor may affect its claim on keeping the oil at bay. To me, it did not -- in fact, it kept me oil-free for a good 4-5 hours before needing for any touch-ups. And that, for me, makes it a really good primer for oily skin.

I've read a few blog posts about Maybelline Baby Smooth Pore Eraser having some sort of silicone in it. If you're the kind who does not like silicone-based makeup or you're sensitive to them, I'd say give this a pass and look out more on primers that does not contain silicone.

maybelline-baby-skin-pore-eraser-6

Overall, it's a really good product considering the price of Php299, and it will last you quite a long time since you won't need that much product to feel its effects.

Have you tried Maybelline Baby Smooth Pore Eraser or other primers? Are you like me who are in search for good makeup to suit your lifestyle? Share your thoughts on the comments box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment