Thursday, January 14, 2016

[30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE] Concert Pa More!

Hiya, guys!

As you may have read in the title, I'm gonna talk about concerts.

But here's the thing -- I only have been to two concerts ever in my life. The first one was back when I was in Grade One, and the second was when I was in fourth year college.

According to the photo source, it's hard to come across a photo of the original Rivermaya with Perf de Castro (leftmost) in it, and he has it. *yay!*
The Rivermaya Concert

Back when I was in Grade One, all students in our school were 'required' to buy tickets for a fundraising concert to be held in our school grounds, with Rivermaya frontlining the event. If you're a Filipino who spent grade school and high school in nearly any school in the Philippines, you know why I put the emphasis on the word 'required' here.

Yes guys, we're talking about Rivermaya with Bamboo Manalac as the lead vocalist and Rico Blanco as its keyboardist and backup vocalist. And this is Rivermaya in its 'Kisapmata' and 'Elesi' days.

Anyway, since we (me and my brother who is also studying in the same school as I am) already bought the tickets, it would be too much of a waste if we would not attend it. But because we were too young to attend any event that is held in the evenings, Mom joined us.

Maybe I was too young to appreciate concerts like this but you know what? To this day, I could still remember standing on a chair few meters from the stage, with Mom on my side and my brother on the other side also standing on a chair to get a better view of the band. I could still remember singing to their songs even though I could not pronounce most of the lyrics save for the catchy last part of 'Elesi.' And to this day, whenever you say 'last concert I attended,' that event will always be on top of my mind.

The second concert that I have attended when you click 'Read More.'


UP Fair

So what the hell is a student from a non-UAAP school doing inside UP on Valentine's Day? Why, attending the UP Fair, of course!

My 'I was here at UP Fair' selfie -- back when selfie was not even a term.
On the week of Valentine's Day, a series of concerts organized by various UP orgs are being held featuring different bands and artists. The company where I was having my internship is one of the sponsors of one of the concerts that week in 2009. As I was the assigned POC (point of contact) for the event, I was required to attend the concert to document the placement of our company as one of the sponsors.

The early part of the concert
I went there at around three in the afternoon, just in time for our team to set-up our booth in the grounds. I stayed there until 12'o clock -- by that time, the frontliner artists is starting to make their performances.

I can't seem to remember who this is. Or what band is this. Sorry.
That time, I was mind-blown with the number of artists included in that event. I'm like, 'How in the world are they able to book these many artists? They must have had an incredible network of people to be able to do that.'

Lesson learned: it's not about what you know, but who you know.

And who would have thought Raimund Marasigan of Sandwich would sound so good onstage? :)

So there are the concerts that I have attended. Would I attend more concerts in the future? Why yes, of course; if my resources permit it. I actually kicked myself many times because a lot of artists that I like had their concerts here in the Philippines and I have not attended them -- David Archuleta, Backstreet Boys, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith..

I solemnly swear to buy tickets to Sara Bareilles's concert when goes on tour and takes Manila as one of her stops. *yeah*

And for the rest of the entries...

Intro | Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4
Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 9
Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14
Day 15 | Day 16 | Day 17 | Day 18 | Day 19

No comments:

Post a Comment