Wednesday, January 13, 2016

[30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE] Where I Lived Before

Hiya, guys!

Day 19 of the blog challenge is now up, and it's all about where I lived in the past.

Photo credit here
I have lived in three different places in my lifetime -- actually four if you will count that really brief period where I stayed at a boarding house, but that's another story. The first one is something that I was not aware of, and only knew about it in old photos; while the last two are those that I remember vividly.

So without further adieu, let's begin...

Mom carrying me while outside the house in Malakas St.
Malakas St., Brgy. Pinyahan, Quezon City

This was the place where my parents first settled after getting married. They could still not forget the time when a row of houses, including their house, caught fire two months before I was born. That sudden event caused me to turn over into the breech position (feet first) inside my mother's womb, making her undergo the caesarian delivery instead of the normal delivery.

More of places I've lived in when you click 'Read More.'



L-R: Our childhood friend Anjo, me and my brother Harley. I'm actually wearing a swimsuit as a top here. #90sfashion
Mom and me at three (or four) years old. This was the interior of the apartment in Durian St.
Durian St., Camarin, Caloocan City

My mother was pregnant with my younger brother when we lived in this address, specifically in a four-door apartment complex. I could still remember having my third birthday in this house, kissing my baby brother's forehead inside the bedroom where he was sleeping (the apartment is a one-bedroom unit) and celebrating his first birthday outside the complex.

See the steel doors behind the clowns? That's our store -- of course it's closed because of a family occasion. :)
My sister -- the birthday celebrant -- holding her gift. She was practically 'born and raised' in this house. Hehehe.
Cristina Homes, Camarin, Caloocan City

I could remember clearly that day, April 2, 1993, when we hauled all our belongings in a truck and moved to a house in a village near our old home. And less than a year after that, I started preschool in a newly-built school a few steps away from the house. And the rest is history.

We have been living in our house today for nearly 23 years -- pretty much our entire lives. A lot has changed both in the house itself and in the community, but whenever I get back after a long time (say, a week-long vacation) that homey feeling is still there.

By the way, the photos above was taken during my sister Martina's 7th birthday. It was the most decent shot of exterior and interior of our house as it looks like today, though the interior has changed a bit, of course.

So that's it for the places I've lived in throughout my existence. How about you guys -- did you live in just one place in your entire life or you have lived in different places? Share them down the comments section!

And of course, can we forget the list of posts throughout the challenge?

Intro | Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4
Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 9
Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14
Day 15 | Day 16 | Day 17 | Day 18

No comments:

Post a Comment