Monday, January 11, 2016

[30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE] What do you want to be when you get older?

Hiya, guys!

So what do I want to be when I get older?

Gotta list down my plans.. Photo credit here
Hold on a sec, I'm older now, right? I mean, I'm now twenty-six going on twenty-seven in three months. For me, this question is something commonly asked to kids and teenagers and not to adults like me who (kinda) have things in his life figured out.

Except that the last sentence is not applicable to me just yet.

Maybe I just talk about you guys where I see myself in three, five and ten years from now. See my plans when you click 'Read More.'



I'll be looking like this in three years (hopefully). Photo credit here
In three years -- By that time I have already passed the bar exams. I will be working as a legal officer for a company for around a year by then, and have a few cases up on my sleeves. And maybe, just maybe, I'm doing my preps for my upcoming wedding?

I hope my baby is this beautiful.. Photo credit here
In five years -- Career wise, I may have been promoted or more complicated cases have been assigned to me. Family wise, I already have a baby by then -- maybe a year old or two? And by this time, my husband and I might be arguing on whether to stay in Metro Manila for a few more years or to relocate to Masbate before our child could even reach school age.

This view does not hold a candle with that in Masbate. Photo credit here
In ten years -- There are two routes here: the Manila route or the Masbate route. For the Manila route, I may have (a) promoted further to a managerial position or (b) transferred to a law firm as an associate or (c) started my own law office. My child may be starting preschool by then, and my husband and I have already built our own home.

As for the Masbate route, I may be starting a new life in a new place but have prepared for it beforehand -- I may have applied for a local government post or setting up my own law office there. I may have also prepared my children for the new life there, in that I collected all of their documents to prepare them for school. (Hold on, I think I have said the word 'prepare' a few times there, do I? Hahaha!)

So that's it for my 'Where I want to be when I grow older' post, I hope you enjoyed that. How about you guys, where do you see yourself in three, five or ten years from now? Let me know down the comments section!

And again, the posts in the blog challenge:

Intro | Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4
Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 9
Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14
Day 15 | Day 16

No comments:

Post a Comment