Sunday, February 14, 2016

[30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE] Two Letters

Photo credit here
Hiya, guys!

We're still continuing with the 30 day blog challenge even after a long hiatus. Today, I'm asked to write a letter to someone.

I actually prepared notes, not exactly letters. I think these are the things that the recipient would want to hear from me the most.

That being said, let's begin with my letters...


Dear 20-Year-Old Self,

How's law school? Are you enjoying yourself so far? Or are you now feeling the pressure of having to pass the bar after graduation? I'm telling you this -- it will put on a huge weight on your shoulder, but believe me when I say you're strong enough to carry it.

And how about work? Was the job easy? You got friends now? I'll tell you what, maintain a good working  relationship with your boss. He's nice but can be strict at times, and most of all you can rely on him even after your employment there is over.

I could see that you're crushing on that tall and tisoy guy at work. Well, scrap that. He's just not that into you. Put your attention on that chubby boy at law school -- he's actually a nice guy, and will take care of you even if you don't want to.

As for that incident you got into, don't let yourself sink into that rubble. Repeat after me: you'll get over it. That incident will not define you and your future.

Take care of yourself, and study hard!


Love,

Jesselle, 27

My next letter when you click 'Read More.'


Dear Future Self,

I'm not sure how you look like by the time you're reading this, nor how are you doing. All I know is I want to talk to you about where I am right now.

I feel like a failure in my career -- if I am to write my resume in the most honest way possible, I doubt if anyone would hire me. But I'm pretty sure God has a plan for me when it comes to that aspect -- maybe He's trying to tell me that I don't have to worry about work right now because a better career is ahead of me in the future.

I also feel like a failure as a daughter. I did not fulfill early all of my parents' expectations on me. But I'm not losing hope -- I know that time will come and my parents will take pride for having me as their daughter.

Today, I'm not sure what the future holds for me; but as I'm writing this letter, I want you to be reminded of these thoughts that I have right now. I believe that remembering these thoughts will make you appreciate what you have at the moment.



Love,

Jesselle

Oh, and don't forget the other posts in the series!

Intro | Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4
Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 9
Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14
Day 15 | Day 16 | Day 17 | Day 18 | Day 19
Day 20 | Day 21 | Day 22

No comments:

Post a Comment